Need to Replace Main Line For Float Reel

FLEX ROD

Hello Folks, need to replace my main line on my pin and just wanted to hear who is using what and what test pound?

I only have the one float reel so I am not in a position to change back and forth, so I am looking for what people use in the fall and winter and right into the spring.

Also really curious as to what weight main line are you running, 8 - 10 or what.

Thank you in advance,

FLEX

I left nanofil on right thru the winter months last season.......and it stood up ok. If it freyed up too bad it was typically the immediate line above the float and i would just eliminate that section back to good line. Call me lazy, calll me cheap.......lol, but it fishes too nicely and costs too much to peel it off :)

I used 8 lb mainline back in the 80's when we fished light leader material, but since I upped my leader breaking strength I use 10 lb now as I don't like losing floats and my whole terminal set up. Theoretically a 6/7lb leader should break before a 8 lb mainline but not always the case.

12lb Raven for me in either green or grey/blue. Lets me bump up to 8-10lb leaders when I need to without breaking off above the float. Fishes well and it's relatively cheap.

I bought a used float reel a few weeks ago and it had a lime green mono line spooled on it (feels like 10lb). Wish I knew what it was but I like the way it fishes.