Some Fall Action

jtracc

Hey guys/girls, thought I would share some of my fall action thus far...

A buddy and I headed up to cottage Sunday for three days of fishing. Our first stop was a decent size lake close to cottage in the parry sound area. With the cooler weather that came in I was thinking the water temps would be in that sweet spot. My Lowrance showed water in the 58-59 deg area so I don't think the lake has turned yet. We had a very tough time locating the SM bass, however, did locate some LM bass in small pockets here and there. Nothing to really write home about but at least we picked off a few.

On Monday and Tuesday we fished the cottage lake and noticed the water temps the same 57-59 deg. Again the SM bass very tough to locate with only a few, so I'm pretty sure the lake hasn't turned over. I decided to hit a flat in about 25 ft of water for some walleye. The eyes, and I mean the hens were on the feed. Over the two days we managed about 12 eyes with several over 5 and one real nice one. We also made attempts to locate the LM, I found a small school of them, lost the biggest one when I tried swinging her in the boat. Didn't think she was pushing 5 till she bounced off the side of my rig, dam!

It was a great start to my fall season and hoping the SM will come out and play soon. Back up this weekend so my fingers are crossed.

Happy thanks giving all...

Joe

image.jpegimage.jpeg