mnr advisory just posted in red lake

grt1

I was just in town at the local marina and noticed a sign on the door . the mnr has just sent out notices of an invasive species found and confirmed in the red lake area waters.

I didn't have my cheater glasses but the fellow behind the counter said it was the spiney water flea that has been found.

Thats a real shame, after every trip to lake o i have to meticulously clean all the fleas off the riggers, rods, reels, lines, and inside and out of the boat. I can see how some might not go through the trouble after heading to thier next destination. A few minutes from each individual can help stop these things from happening.

Are they only found out in the blue zone? I ask because the bay's I fish are connected to lake O I have yet to see them In 4 years

Nope, they're pretty much everywhere in Lake O. I've seen them way up north in Ontario (In places where you'd never expect)

Are they only found out in the blue zone? I ask because the bay's I fish are connected to lake O I have yet to see them In 4 years

They are usually fairly deep; but not limited to just the blue zone. If you are fishing a shallow bay you probably will not see them.

Edited by JohnBacon