Ice fishing 2016 Lakers/Whitefish/Walleye

huzzsaba

You won't find many Walleye through the ice on Erie, if you do it is a rare catch. Long Point Bay at St. Williams has hut operators buy it is almost 100% perch with some Pike thrown in. They charge around $30.00 per person, they take you to the hut and bring you back when you wish. Last year was a bust out here, far too cold in the shallows.

If it's Walleye you want through the ice you will take a ride to Quinte. Many, many hut operators there and some of the best and biggest Walleye through the ice in the World!

You won't find many Walleye through the ice on Erie, if you do it is a rare catch. Long Point Bay at St. Williams has hut operators buy it is almost 100% perch with some Pike thrown in. They charge around $30.00 per person, they take you to the hut and bring you back when you wish. Last year was a bust out here, far too cold in the shallows.

If it's Walleye you want through the ice you will take a ride to Quinte. Many, many hut operators there and some of the best and biggest Walleye through the ice in the World!

thanks. I will look into Bay of quite operators.

I fish quinte all winter long, and can't think of one operator out there.....I could be wrong though.

There are a couple guide services. Quinte Ice Team is a good one.

S.

quinte-ice-huts250x250.gif

The most convenient and comfortable way to spend a day on the ice in the Bay of Quinte is in a warm ice hut rental. Hut operators provide transportation, bait, and some will even deliver breakfast or lunch.

This is a great way to spend a day with the family, friends, or clients while you catch some of the bays prize walleye, perch, pike or other species. The best table fare in the water comes through the ice!

2-man hut $100.00/day

3-man hut $120.00/day

4-man hut $150.00/day Note: 4-man hut rentals for weekends Sat/Sun. $160.00/day

Fishfinderad250x250.gif

• Deluxe 6ft x 10ft insulated huts
  • 4 person/hole huts
  • Huts moved on a regular basis
  • Propane heated
  • 12 Volt light systems
  • Transportation to/from hut
  • Tackle provided if requested
  • Holes drilled inside hut and additional holes drilled outside if requested
  • Bait available
  • Weekend (Sat-Sun) daily rates $160 per hut

Weekday (Mon-Fri) daily rates $135 per hut

Edited by Brian B

Well there ya go! Ive never looked into it, and dont see them where I fish, so good to know! Plenty kf good fishing areas there, no need to rent a hut.

He did ask for hut operators.

BOQ is a bit of a travel for me. I have all the fun I need here on good ole Simcoe. :D

I'm learning stuff today too. Great advice guys. I've always wondered how to solve that problem. Has cost me a few fish over the years.

I can't imagine how flouro coils when it's -20 out... No thanks... 6lb FC for me, doesn't matter what I'm fishing for (Giant lakers or small perch).