Lower Niagara Pics

blaque

Nice pics. Where abouts? Looking for something to do this week.

Im on the american side of the Lower Niagara River. Walk the trail down from Whirlpool State Park. Once you get down to the water you can walk upstream to the whirlpool and whirlpool rapids, or down to devils hole. Its an easy path down and along the river, but gettin back up takes some lungs lol

Thanks Blaque. I think I have my passport laying around somewhere.

Just wear a decent shoe/sneaker lol, i saw people walking down in flip flops as i was coming up. I gaurantee they didnt last long. The stairway down and the path have a few tricky spots, but still well cleared

Love the photos. My favorite is the first. I have done that hike on the Lewiston side. A few knees ago. It was brutal and I was in top shape then. Good on you.

Ive been running all summer and consider myself to be in much better shape these days since i started doing that. However, stairs are a whole other animal lol, and uneven rock stairs, even worse. I was quickly reminded im not in as good a shape as i thought

I went down the devils hole trail the week before, and witnessed a guy that had to be in his 60's go up and down from what i counted.........3 times. As i was coming up to head home, he was going back down again and i asked him if he was crazy lol. He told me it was his 6th time going down that morning, and that "it was fun". He has a twisted idea of "fun"