broken rod tip

huzzsaba

In my opinion for the average fisherman there is no reason to spend more than 50 beans for a rod. I have hundreds of $$'s in rods but none of my rods other than the 8' downrigger and trolling rods are worth more than 50 bucks. Maybe a few but who's counting?

Every time Ticha asks how much for that one? I reply the same you paid for the last designer purse you bought, $19.99.

Screw the Ugly stick it's a piece of crap.

If you have decent rod than it should be able to talk to you regardless .

I have a 7ft comprey cut down to 5/6 and it's my go to trolling/throwing rod for big game.

Mind you the reals have had some work outs.

Don

Sensitivity is confusing , people watching a rod tip for bites like to see movement if a gnat lands on the line on the other hand if you are trying to feel a bite with the hand holding the rod while retrieving , a soft flexible tip is the last thing you want as any movement of the tip dampens the transmission of a bite to the hand, stiffer is best here. One definition of sensitivity is at odds with the other.

Edited by dave524

Sensitivity is confusing , people watching a rod tip for bites like to see movement if a gnat lands on the line on the other hand if you are trying to feel a bite with the hand holding the rod while retrieving , a soft flexible tip is the last thing you want as any movement of the tip dampens the transmission of a bite to the hand, stiffer is best here. One definition of sensitivity is at odds with the other.

Bingo! A hardened steel rod with wire would transmit vibrations better than most rods, however no one would care to fish it all day.

The loss of a few inches of the tip can still be an effective tool, just in a different application (possibly) than before it broke and sometimes better in the desired application.

20150830_002016.jpgI posted this in my other thread. I caught this nice smallie on the broken rod. 4 pounder put up a good rod bending drag peeling fight.

I have decided to buy a Shimano FX4000 rod reel combo from Canadian Tire as the combo is cheap and reviews are great. Good enough for salmon and steelhead fishing. I will probably put some 15 or 20lb Maxima Ultragreen line on so I dont have to deal with attaching leaders on all the time.

Edited by huzzsaba