I finally went fishing!!!

motv8tr

Sadly didn't catch anything :( , but that's ok it was nice to get out on the water and check out my new gear before heading out to Lakair. Met my friend Steve at the launch in Midland at 10:30, we were headed out by 10:40 and had our lines in the water by 11:00. It was a little windy but not too bad...kinda made it seem cooler than it was :) . Stayed where we were for about an hour to hour and a half with no bites at all.

Decided to head over to Penetang Bay where there's a small island, and while on the way saw the steamer leaving port in Midland..those things can move! I had hopes for something near the island, but it seems the weeds aren't that high yet so not much cover for them. Steve managed to snag a little perch so I switched up lures and targeted them in hopes of avoiding a skunk...no such luck. We tried both sides of the island, and drifted for a bit, but nada.

Pulled into the town dock so I could use the facilities and realized how hot it really was...oh...I was also a little late with the sunscreen so I got a little more color than i had planned on, but that's ok, it was good to be out. We had planned to stay out until about 4, but when I got back in the boat and we looked around we could see the storm was heading our way so called it quits. We were pleased to find that it only took 20 minutes to go around the point, and not at full speed, we expected longer. Where he launches it's free and here in Penetang it's 20 for a day pass, so we'll stick with the free launch.

I did take some pictures and will try to add them tomorrow or the next day...

Back to work for me tomorrow so have a good weekend all and play safe.

Maureen

time on the water is always nice :) too bad you didn't catch anything but it'll only get better!!

did u get the try out ur new musky combo?

Oh I caught something Victor, a sunburn :wallbash: , but yes I did get to try out my "musky" combo, and I love the reel, that Amasadeur is GREAT, very smooth, and I can cast it a decent distance, well for me anyway :blush: . I only had one bad birds nest too, so over all I am pretty happy.

Maureen

Cliff,are you home already? Man that train is fast.LOL

TY MO

LOL...I left the office at Yonge/Eglinton at 3:40...got on the 4:10 train eastbound...got off the train at 4:45, and walked in the door by 5....not too bad....hehe. And stop hijacking mo's thread...haha :D