And u guys gripe about costs down south

mr blizzard

I stopped at a small butcher shop on hwy 6 near Caledonia. His sign out front advertised a full beef loin 7.99 per lb. (March 2015). So I went in to enquire. The owner states his beef is raised on local farms, grain fed without hormones. I'm immediately impressed. He also hangs his beef for 21 days. Most grocery stores age their beef 7 days & if you look into the Sterling Silver beef at Sobeys, it's aged 14 days. Again I'm excited to try his beef. So, I order the loin, he cuts it to my desired thickness - 1" & 20 minutes later I'm on my way home. We did 1 on the BBQ - It was awesome! Best cut of beef I have ever tasted! So tasty, mouth watering beef - I'll never shop any where else for my steaks.

I stopped at a small butcher shop on hwy 6 near Caledonia. His sign out front advertised a full beef loin 7.99 per lb. (March 2015). So I went in to enquire. The owner states his beef is raised on local farms, grain fed without hormones. I'm immediately impressed. He also hangs his beef for 21 days. Most grocery stores age their beef 7 days & if you look into the Sterling Silver beef at Sobeys, it's aged 14 days. Again I'm excited to try his beef. So, I order the loin, he cuts it to my desired thickness - 1" & 20 minutes later I'm on my way home. We did 1 on the BBQ - It was awesome! Best cut of beef I have ever tasted! So tasty, mouth watering beef - I'll never shop any where else for my steaks.

sounds like Gourmet Meats.. great place with very good quality.. They have a smokehouse on site for bacon etc..

Sounds great , send some pics the next time u get more :worthy:

Just back from Zhers. I seen . $54 per steak. :w00t: And they were not very big.

The next cooler over,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Look at the nice marble on this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol:

meat 006.JPG

I loaded up at this price. :good:

meat 003.JPG

I like my steaks ground any ways.LOL

:clapping: HA HA Good score, marbleing is exquisite, looks like its been aged for 21 days, AAA if u ak me, imo

Maybe 50 years ago you get hamburger for that price up here, 8 to 9 up here, just for the record at this moment we r trying to replicate your hamburger role with bacon, didnt know how much beef to use looks more like a pool noodle than a roast LOL, but thats half the fun of trying :tease:

One of the local grocery stores had a sale on whole boneless ribeyes for 4.99 a pound right before grilling season started here. I bought 3 and we cut them into steaks and vacuum packed them. Now that summer is here they are around 9 bucks a pound, more than I would pay.

Pork is even insane where im at.

I just picked up 8 pork steaks for $34.

Prices are all over the map

Crazy, if you watch the sales here you can get the whole vacuum packed pork loins for 2 bucks a pound. Stick them in the freezer till they firm up a bit and with a sharp knife cut them into boneless pork chops or roasts .

Brian B, that lean ground beef looks like reduced for quick sale from $5.03, good catch , by the time they get reduced here they are a funny shade of grayish purple from the light, that looks fresh still.

Brian B, that lean ground beef looks like reduced for quick sale from $5.03, good catch , by the time they get reduced here they are a funny shade of grayish purple from the light, that looks fresh still.

I watch this store like a hawk. They have some real crazy deals sometimes. This beef was fresh. There was a huge stack of them. Im surprised I didnt get wacked by an old ladies purse grabbing for them.LOL