For you vintage car and truck guys. NF

misfish

We managed to view some awesome rides today. We were also going to hit the Elvis fest, but it was hot and the girl was done for the day.

Hope you like. There was some great looking toys. Some even for sale. Everytime I said I want that, the mrs,s would say, you wish, you could have that. ME BAD. LOL

Seems I cant link direct anymore. Has you tube or the site changed their settings? :dunno::wallbash:

https://youtu.be/XgRr6BRnJNw

I look forward to hearing some comments on the milk truck. It was very cool.

Lotsa great cars there Brian, thanks for posting them. There's a classic car show over in Bridgenorth every Monday evening that I go to some times.

That '58 Impala has always been one of my favorite cars and if I ever find myself with an extra100 grand I don't need I may just get me one LOL

When I was a kid in the 50's in Toronto my grandmother lived just north of Christie Pitts and just around the corner from her on Christie Street there was a dairy that had a milk truck just like the one in your video. Don't know of any other dairy that had one and wonder if it's maybe the same truck.

Pretty kool rig anyhow.

I showed mine to the light of day for the first time in almost 14 years Brian. Pulled it out of it's marine container earlier this week. Hooked up my kicker can to it with fresh fuel (mix of premium and 100LL Avgas) and she started on the third crank. Idled smooth with no smoke and runs like a top. Testament to how tough these old motors are, now if only my 26 year old paint job had of held up as well in the container I'd be a happy man.

Brian, that was a sweet ride, man o man miss those car shows, used to take my son every year to the Barrie racetrack to check out the cars, then to Alliston and Orillia, nothing like that up here

LOVE the milk truck thats a first, used to be a huge Mopar fan back in high school and college, had a Plymouth Satellite till my brother wrote it off (stuff happens), :dunno: I laugh at it now, well just a bit BUT I sure wasnt laughing when it happened lol, main thing he was fine

That International looked sweet as well, thats when cars and trucks were real, real engines, real frames, real steel, real welds, no glue required

Thx so much for posting, real treat

I showed mine to the light of day for the first time in almost 14 years Brian. Pulled it out of it's marine container earlier this week. Hooked up my kicker can to it with fresh fuel (mix of premium and 100LL Avgas) and she started on the third crank. Idled smooth with no smoke and runs like a top. Testament to how tough these old motors are, now if only my 26 year old paint job had of held up as well in the container I'd be a happy man.

Wayne how much? just kidding sort of, great looking set of wheels

Wayne, can I drive it? I wont leave the yard, I promise. :angel:

John, My first legal street ride was a 69 Coronet. 440. :worthy:

My first ride ever was the Falcon Ford. We just drove it out the the cow pasture. :whistling:

666, I like the look. Simple. Makes people think whats under the hood. :clapping:

Edited by Brian B

Don't go too fast Brian because it has no brakes! Master brake reservoir evaporated dry and even after filling it pedal goes to the floor, good thing it's a 4 speed so I can still move it as I wish.

Yes 666, I've owned the Bird below since 1989.. (the 'Bee my father bought new)

Thanks for the memories Brian. I'm saying through the entire slide show " I had one of those, there's Dad's 55 Chevy, there's Rick's 57 and on and on. Thinking about how many of those rides I scrapped or sold for 100 bucks makes me cry.

My favorite is probably the Triumph GT6 probably because I drove one in High School. Because of my pain issues I'm seriously thinking about selling the boat. (1 day on the water equals 3 days resting). I would then pick up a classic car all done on the cheap compared to what they were going for before 08'. There is a sweet butter coloured Belvedere convertible in Dunnville that I would love to have. My pal out here just picked up a solid 1929 Dodge with rear suicide doors we are going to finish over the winter. He has already put in a modern suspension all around with disc brakes and is dropping in a 76 Corvette L88 I have in his barn.