help wanted on the french river

wkrp

I have the gold navionics in my unit and for some reason I have lost the water portion on the chart screen . All I get is the land area showing on the chart which just shows yellow on the screen. I am by no means very good with the new technology so any help would be appreciated.

Where on the French are you fishing? The Pickerel River and Lower French, (below Chaudière dam) is not charted. If you are above the dam and into Lake Nipissing, you're charts should work.

Depending on you're unit, sometimes just removing the chip and reinstalling while the unit is turned on will refresh the charts. (only if the area has already been charted)

Edited by Tom McCutcheon

Could you possibly have a setting issue? If your screen is not showing water anywhere including areas you know your chart has displayed water in the past you probably have a setting problem or your unit is not recognizing your chip.

Edited by doubleheader

I was on the French River briefly for part of one day, and just a tiny portion of it. I can only imagine the time, effort, and money it would cost to chart it accurately? A man made lake has more of a chance of having accurate charts? As do lakes that have had shipping traffic?

Bring a spare prop , especially if you have never fished it......don't be fooled on the lower French by the locals ripping about at 30 mph..... It can go from 60fow to 2 in the blink of an eye way out in the middle of the river. It also fluctuates year over year Some years it's up or down 2 ft.