My Solo Carping Night

Bly

With our oldest away at camp, Cliff and I have been alternating nights fishing. Cliff was last night and he got his personal best...my goal was to beat him!!! LOL.

The night started slow. Just as I decided to call home, I had a fish on!! It started out a pretty easy fight....but there was a rather large log in the water that so far we've both managed to escape....but not tonite!!! I thought it was going to be an easy fight...but suddenly it took off...wrapped around the log and snapped my leader....ARGHHH!!!!! I called home to let Cliff know what just happened. I really didn't want to leave without a fish, so I stayed out longer than originally anticipated. Finally....at around 11pm, I had another one on...and this time I brought him in!! Cliff was right about landing them by yourself with the net...it's a tricky thing!! I had to make sure it was tired right out before I even attempted it.

Anyhow, here it is...a nice 34" one. I went to look for the scale, but it was in Cliff's vest!!! Oh well...at least I got my one fish.

gallery_137_275_10064.jpg

It wasn't my PB, but I was happy that I didn't go home skunked!!! Oh yeah...it was my last cast of the night....LOL.

34" is a good sized fish :) ... you should ask wolfville how many times we got skunked trying to find them since last year

"one last cast" never fails haha!

No kidding that's a good fish...especially when I skunked again tonight.....

NICE . . . . . a 34" is a good carp, my best so far this year was a 33", about 23 - 25 pounds! Most of the rest, 25" to 30", in the 12 to 15 pound range. But . . . . I got mine in daylight, in open water, with few obstacles for 'em to tie me around!! Fighting one in the dark, and netting it alone is a feat I highly doubt I could duplicate . . . . I like my 'easy chair' approach, sissy stuff by comparison!

ok how cool is it that you and cliff switch fishing nights?

Nice fish!

Cheers!

Congrats Bly, its nice to see that the two of you can split the time and not get upset at each other, you truly are made for each other. :clapping:

Wouldn't be fair any other way! This is one hobby where each of us can appreciate the others love for it....makes sharing easier!

I never realy tried carp fishing, i'm sure a nice fish like that puts up a good fight.

I guess i'll have to try it sometime.

You should try it Kev :) I knew that Cliff and I were going to target some carp this year but I didn't think we would be getting into it this much. The sitting and waiting part was a bit hard for me (took a book last night) but the fight and the feeling of success when you actually land em is all worth it! One caution though..they do stink! lol

Victor, Wolfville, Photoz and Smokey......

Thanks guys!! I am very happy with 34"! Always hoping to beat my PB (35"/25#) but always happy as long as I can catch a fish lol Photoz....I am sure that you have surpassed many obstacles in life and I would be willing to bet that you could duplicate my night fishing...thanks :)

bly