Another day of toothy critters

kickingfrog

Fishing wasn't high on the priority list this weekend but when my son asked if we could go, the list was modified.

For the first time in 3 trips I had the first hook-up, and the second, casting blue/silver cyclops. Both were the littlest of hammer handles. Ryan had the next one casting a perch minnow bait but again lost it at the side of the boat. Need to work on the bassmasters hook-set.

We then trolled for a bit and my brother finally got into the action and Ryan had to get right in there and supervise.

DSCF2396_zpsm29oio2e.jpg

DSCF2399_zps6ff84uqr.jpg

The second trolled fish was his as well and I was wondering if the bite had switched from the shallower running husky jerks to the deeper diving taildancer that he was running.

DSCF2401_zpsjcdyefte.jpg

Just as I was looking for my box of crankbaits Ryan gets a hit on his husky jerk.

DSCF2404_zps2sp8ge35.jpg

Still working on his hold on the toothy ones.

DSCF2408_zpsloj6e8qa.jpg

The husky jerks still produced most of the fish today but the bigger ones did come on the taildancers.

Near the end of the day I was on the outside as we trolled a steep edge so I put on a deep diving dancer. Shortly afterwards I marked a fish 25ft down and right on cue as my bait swam through I had a solid hit. I was hoping it was the mother of all eyes but the fight said otherwise and I had a nice pike to finish the day.

DSCF2409_zpsciyfhsnd.jpg

The pike also finished my taildancer unfortunately.

IMAG1998_zpsgwdicpfz.jpg

Again Ryan was happy to be bringing home fish but his little sister likes eating it even more than he does.

IMAG2002_zpseiemde9t.jpg

No fishing this weekend. P.A. day on Friday may call for an epic fishing adventure (epic for a 6 year old).

Forgot about a little scene that played out while we were casting in a bay. A boat came around the point and the guy was casting the shoreline. Didn't think too much about it because it's a steep shoreline and I'm on the electric and fishing, but after we passed each other my son asks "Is bass season is open?" I say "No". After a little while he asks me again and says that it looked like the other boat was fishing for bass. As I start saying that the shore is steep and there are lots of ways to blah blah blah my brother says the guy was casting a senko. Instead I explain why some people don't follow the rules. So if you can't fool a 6 year old I'm not sure who you think you're fooling. No word on if he took any photos.