stereo installation advice

callatis

Hi,

I am looking for advice on how to install a marine stereo (AM/FM, SD card digital player) and two speakers on my Legend Xtreme.

I don't want to install the stereo inside the glove compartment and I am hesitating of drilling 6 1/2'" speaker holes.

Thanks a lot!

14240374012_895701.jpg

Edited by callatis

Fair enough Bill -- for the 5% of cases.. most people I think, fish well within cell/wifi/fm antenna range. if you're out of cell range, you're propably out of range of any radio stations too.

I stream media on my phone when out & about from my media server at home LOL. If I really wanted to, the same media server could serve up fm/am.

Edited by Raf

Doesn't work very well if you want to listen to the radio :)

It does if you pair it with your phone and stream from your favorite stations web site. ;)

Actually works better than a radio.

I stream CFNY 102 here and I know my radio can't pick it up from 5,500kms away!! :whistling:

I stream CFNY 102 here and I know my radio can't pick it up from 5,500kms away!! :whistling:

Haven't listened to CFNY since Dave Marsden left, the format changed and the " Spirit of Radio " died. CHUM FM was actually great station back in the early 70's too. Thank god for internet stations no good OTA stations anymore.

Remember Pete and Geets :clapping:

Edited by dave524

Haven't listened to CFNY since Dave Marsden left, the format changed and the " Spirit of Radio " died. CHUM FM was actually great station back in the early 70's too. Thank god for internet stations no good OTA stations anymore.

Remember Pete and Geets :clapping:

Of course I remember Pete & Geets.

Been listening since they started broadcasting out of the old farm house in Brampton. :)

I used to work a Friday night show @ RPM with Chris Sheppard, The Live Earl Jive and Beverly Hills back in the day too. :D

Yes, it certainly isn't what it was but at least Allan Cross is still around. ;)

Thanks everyone! BassPro offer on stand alone speakers is very limited, only one bulky model.

mVqGLzWlVvsc1O4Ruak9jHA.jpg

I got some gift cards from BassPro for my B-day and I wanted to get something there.

The US web site says $299 for stereo installation. Did anyone use their services?

I just saw this YouTube review and building two MDF speakers boxes and attaching them under the port ans starboard consoles might be an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t_E3yukEkc

Too bad I cannot find these ones. Maybe online order.

9422.jpg

Edited by callatis