Dollarama Plano box transport?

Thanks for the heads up and looks like a bunch of guys have taken advantage of these boxes.

These are great for storage but....What do you transport them in? i have a large tackle box but how do you have a bunch of these flopping around in the boat?

Link for original topic http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78712

didn't want to steal original thread.

Edited by 206

I have two tackle bags. One is a Bass Pro Shops brand the other a Cabelas brand. Holds 7/8 standard profile boxes I think? More than I need anyway. Works great for me. All my stored tackle is in Plano boxes in Rubbermaid bins.

My tackle bags are cheap knap sacks. They are much less than anything at a tackle shop but don't have a cool BPS logo on them. Actually one is a My Little Pony or something. One has a cell phone holder on the strap. They can hold tackle or whatever I want it to hold and are great for stream fishing because I can use it like a knap tackle sack leaving both hands to hold other weapons of mass distraction.

I have several plastic milk crates and they hold the Plano boxes perfect about 5-6 and more depending how you stack them on their sides or lay them flat !!! And you can then stack the crates on top of each other and the crates have handles too !!! And they fit in the boat nice as well

I am a milk crate guy also. If it doesn't fit in the milk crate, it doesn't go in the boat. Cuts down on dragging piles of needless tackle also. I make rope handles on each side of the crate so it's easier to carry. This way I can see everything easily and change out Plano boxes depending on what I'm doing that day. Average milk crate cost at your local goodwill or thrift shop is about $2, so it goes along with the dollarama theme!

Backpack or a smaller duffel bag worked for me before I bought the big BPS tackle bag to store my stuff. I also picked up an Abu Garcia weather proof bag with 4 containers from CTC last fall for $20 so that's my bank beating transport unless I know I'll only need a small amount of tackle, in which case I'll just put that in a backpack.

I bought a $200 fancy plano bag, it is nice but absolutely not worth the money....3 years later zippers are broken, the outside compartments are too small/not practically designed IMO, carrying strap broke, etc, etc

so now I just buy these for tackle on the boat, super easy

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/45234/cabelas-quick-stow-convertible-tackle-bag-3650

simms ultra manly fanny pack on the rivers.....and for shore fishing/hiking and exploring, I use a backpack with trays stocked up for what I plan to do on that day

You can also get some good lunch bags etc at places like CT etc that are very similar to tackle bags.

I use a hard tackle box in the boat and just switch out boxes for whatever is on the list that day.

Shorefishing I have a spiderwire bag from CT that fits everything in nice neat fashion. I think it was around 60 bucks.

It holds 4 trays easily and a crap ton of other things too. Great bag, tough as nails.