Big Changes On The Saugeen

How would that effect the river and fishing if at all?

If anyone has fished Port Bruce on Erie there are iron ore laden clay bluffs hundreds of feet high that looks to be ready to come down into the lake or the creek at a moments notice. I've seen people fishing in boats right below them and cringed.

It's now impossible to drift from the south side because of all the trees and mud. The current runs along that south bank and it's difficult if not impossible to target effectively from the north side. The river's much bigger there than it appears to be in the photos. It's far too deep to wade in and effectively fish from the north side.

Only way it can be done now is anchoring a boat in the middle of the run.

The same thing happened closer to the dam years ago and it did the same to the fishing.

It has all been washed out now though. Didn't take too long if I remember correctly.

A few good floods pushed all the trees out and washed the sediment out into the lake.

If anyone has fished Port Bruce on Erie there are iron ore laden clay bluffs hundreds of feet high that looks to be ready to come down into the lake or the creek at a moments notice. I've seen people fishing in boats right below them and cringed.

That is going to come down some day look at how much has fallen in at Port Burwell in the last 10yrs.

As for the collapse at the Saugeen, should be a good thing for the number of fish who can make it upstream and back if the number of anglers that can't get at them is increased... I wonder how many people will be miffed this weekend when they make the drive up and haven't heard the news?

That is going to come down some day look at how much has fallen in at Port Burwell in the last 10yrs.

As for the collapse at the Saugeen, should be a good thing for the number of fish who can make it upstream and back if the number of anglers that can't get at them is increased... I wonder how many people will be miffed this weekend when they make the drive up and haven't heard the news?

Lots of other places to fish there.