Battery Packs - What do you think??

TJQ

If they actually worked, then yes. Reviews I've read say the noco unit sold by canadian tire is barely capable of boosting a vehicle. I can buy a rechargeable power pack for small electronics now anywhere from $5-$30 depending on what you want. So sure, I think you'd sell some, but only if they are proven to be able to boost a boat, car, quad or sled.

I don't know. There are a ton of these battery packs on the market now. Plenty cheaper than the Weego. You can get a 22000 mAh 12V battery pack for $50. Although, I didn't look into the details of what the differences are. For me, that would be something I would probably just order from Amazon. I was just thinking about ordering one to try on my fish finder.

Edited by FishLogic

I have a Micro-Start XP-3 which is slightly larger and I have charged my phone multiple times with it,started a car with a dead battery as well as a boat with a dead battery and boosted several atvs with no problems.I have yet to get it to the point where its battery is to low to do anything. They specifically tell you that it is not to be used to run motors or other electronics as it is not designed to do so and will ruin the battery. So other than charging your cell and boosting a vehicle battery you are out of luck.

vance

matco tools has a unit called minijump slightly larger than a cigartte pack 300cca used it to jump start several cars no issue unhooked battery in coroola and this little unit started it, the kit comes with cables for charging your mobile devices/laptops pretty awesome unit but in the $200 range cant think of the name of the company that makes it fo them

I have a Micro-Start XP-3 which is slightly larger and I have charged my phone multiple times with it,started a car with a dead battery as well as a boat with a dead battery and boosted several atvs with no problems.I have yet to get it to the point where its battery is to low to do anything. They specifically tell you that it is not to be used to run motors or other electronics as it is not designed to do so and will ruin the battery. So other than charging your cell and boosting a vehicle battery you are out of luck.

vance

I have a Micro-Start XP10 and have boosted pickups and cars with no problem at all during the last cold winter. I boosted a diesel generator at work one day that hadn't run in over 5 years and had a totally flat battery. This little pack cranked the engine for over 30 seconds no problem. It has 600 cranking amps of power and you can carry in your pocket almost. Amazing unit for the boat in summer and quad when out icefishing. I'm sure most of the others are similar...

Edited by G.mech