Perchfest needs your perch

misfish

Apparently they need 50 perch donations so they can have tagged perch for this event. If you would like to donate your caught perch, you can drop them off in a live well at Blue Beacon marine.

Just telling ya what I heard on the radio today.

Edited by Brian B

So correct me if I'm wrong. If its illegal to transport live fish, then what is the point then to bring a perch to the live well for the perch festival if its illegal. I'm confused.

It is legal to have them in your live well when you are on the water. Transporting live fish over land is illegal. If you drive your boat there you should be okay.

If you load your boat on a trailer with live fish in the well while you drive your trailered boat to the marina, then you are breaking the law.

right now there is very limited open water with boat access and the peach have not moved into the narrows yet, so yeah it ain't easy

a week from now there will be hundreds maybe thousands per day caught there

Yes, but the narrows are wide open now. The lack of fish has me thinking they have found new grounds maybe. Lots of reports on other boards of good catch,s but far away from the narrows. Even reports of dinks being caught down in the Gilford way, but bigger fish are being caught in the deeper waters north of there. The lake has changed so much over the last 10 years. Maybe the perch are following the minnows that are not heading to the narrows. Something to think about.

I have( as well as hundreds of others yearly) transported my live release fish to the festival office via a bucket of water in my vehicle after shore fishing one of the canals.Because it is a registered derby obviously the MNR...F is well aware that people are transporting live fish. All they would have to do is park at Lankin Blvd and Couchiching point and it would be like a free for all for tickets.

Kerry

Edited by Kerry

they were not training very well, seems most are spawning

and things didn't go well when I said come

That is just the female ones Terry. Try a male, they are much more trainable, highly cooperative and don't seem to get so emotional when you throw them out of the boat.