small reno...big improvement

lew

We had a corner jacuzzi in the main floor bathroom that was never used and took up a bunch of space so it was time to remove it and put down new floor tiles & replace the toilet while we were at it.

004.jpg

005_1.jpg

006_1.jpg

007.jpg

Finished job and a huge difference with the tub gone.

007_1.jpg

Only casualty was my finger that got in the way of a hacksaw. LOL

017_1.jpg

Edited by lew

I really like the look of that tile. Did you do it yourself ? If so it looks great, gives me some thought for when I redo our bathroom. I cant afford to have any finger mis-haps though as I'm already down to 9 1/2. I lost a battle with a wood splitter when I was young, so now I'm very conscious of where my hands are. When you cut a finger off you really start appreciating the remaining 9 and a bit lol. Great Job!

Looks good Lew. Are those the vinyl tiles? If so I looked at some at Home Depot and was thinking of doing our upstairs bathroom in them. If you did the floor yourself and it is the vinyl ones could you let me know how they where to work with. I'm pretty handy and have tools....just never worked with the stuff before. Any feedback would be appreciated.

And I agree... the finger shot with the pretty blue stitches should be hanging somewhere :w00t:

Thanks guys

Steve, the tiles are porcelain and we're installed by a local company who has about the best reputation in the area. I do most reno's myself but when it comes to expensive flooring I like to leave it to the experts. Their coming back on Monday and installing hardwood in our bedroom.

If I had a tub like that my family would probably be much larger.

Looks good, I really like that floor. I'd probably move the towel rack and put a linen cabinet there.

There's already a linen closet in the room but it's out of range of the camera.

Just to the left of that towel rack is the shower.