2015 Baseball Thread

AKRISONER

Personally I think they are Showcasing Copeland to trade him, show that he's major league ready to draw interest to package him for a big time pitcher! There was no other reason to push Sanchez back, especially after throwing a beauty of a game last outting, 9th inning and only 100 pitches!

Your not getting anything 'big time' for scott copeland, Sanchez has been sore since his last start....young pitchers can have a day off every now and then, i think it was a fine call.

Your not getting anything 'big time' for scott copeland, Sanchez has been sore since his last start....young pitchers can have a day off every now and then, i think it was a fine call.

I didn't say you would get something for Copeland, I said to package him with someone for a big name

Copeland was good, no doubt about it, but as far as major league experience goes he's still basically an unknown quantity. Once the scouting reports roll in the opposition will make adjustments, and he may not be as formidable as he was last night. But it still looked pretty good.

Holy Cow!!!

What a helluva game I listened to tonight. My wife requested a seafood feast and I was happy to oblige. I wasn't too optimistic after we were down 5 to nothing, and was feeling even worse when we were down 8 to 1 in the 3rd. But against all odds the Jays scored 3 in the 5th and an unbelievable 9 in the 7th without a single out being recorded. It was a blast to listen to. I'm glad I didn't bail. I probably would have, but I had so much prep work to do I thought, I might as well see how Bo Schultz pitches for a few innings. And then the improbable.

The streak is alive. Can't wait for tomorrow's game.

Last night's game was unbelievable. If there is any team out there that is actually looking forward to meeting the Jays right now, MLB should require that they first change their team name to 'Masochists'.

That offensive line up and defense is insane. There really isn't a weak spot to pitch to in the order. If you're the opposing manager, pitch around the guys that are hot, and take your chance on the guy that isn't and hope he doesn't break out of his mini slump.

The only weak point on that team is their pitching. The second half is where the cards will be played

CN Buckner is by far the worst MLB umpire and has been for years. The warning in the first inning was justified because the Orioles have been throwing at Jose all season and I understand Gibbons anger but to toss Osuna at that moment wasn't the right call. No one in their right mind would load the bases for a guy that's hit 100 home runs in 2 seasons..... Smh

The Jays need a closer something fierce!

If I had a time machine, I'd go back and ask Tom Henke (The Terminator) if I could borrow him for 3 months. I could put him back so as he wouldn't miss a game and we could rock the second half of this season. Didn't he have something close to 30 consecutive saves or something like that. Man that would be nice right now,. Why is it so hard to have all the pieces in place at the same time.

The Jays need a closer something fierce!

If I had a time machine, I'd go back and ask Tom Henke (The Terminator) if I could borrow him for 3 months. I could put him back so as he wouldn't miss a game and we could rock the second half of this season. Didn't he have something close to 30 consecutive saves or something like that. Man that would be nice right now,. Why is it so hard to have all the pieces in place at the same time.

They're in talks about getting Francisco Rodriguez

this series although only 3 games, will have a huge impact on their season. You basically have to win it if you hope to have any chance.

Only 3 games back, same as Baltimore right now, not like the Red Sox at 9 games back

We must beat Tampa in this coming series though

Edited by FloatnFly

That was a sweet game to watch, but man that bullpen sure has been shaky lately.

Osuna just continues to go out there and kill it...2 inning save last night, he had some crazy swagger going on.

Two more wins of the rays, combined with another yankee loss and were in a 3 way tie for first in the division.