Some Pics from Port Loring

express168

These are some of the pics of a couple pike, a sucker( I mean the fish not me) and the moose that swam across the river in front of us( I hope you can see it in the pics as I didn't want to get to close and freak it out.)

IM000944.jpg

IM000954.jpg

IM000955.jpg

IM000953.jpg

P.S. Please don't make fun of the belly and man boobs :rolleyes:

Well I don't really fish for suckers or whitefish, could be a whitefish. It was very slimy and hard to hold so I went with the assumption of a sucker. Either way all the fish swam away for another day. If it is a Whitefish thanks for the correction and that is another species to add to my caught list.

Used to be a lot of white fish in the area but were over fished and you don't see many now.the pic of the moose must have been taken just down stream from wilson lake on the river.and that was my smokercraft at white birches.

vance

Krisco I stayed at White Birches resort in Port Loring, nice people and decent facilities, I have stayed there on 4 different occasions. The whitefish( my mistake for thinking it was a sucker) and moose pictures came from along the Pickeral River, the pike are from a bay on Duck Lake. Kyle I couldn't tell you how the pike tasted as they were released after a quick picture. My partner had a fish on at the same time so thats why I am not holding them in the pics. There were quite a few smallmouth caught while slowly trolling trying to find some walleye but all were quickly released without pics. All in all it sure beat getting caught up in that fire near Onaping.