Mend-it

The topic came up in another post where someone mentioned they had damaged soft plastics they wished to repair. I came across this a year or more ago and thought I would share. I've fixed a few swim baits and stick worms, this stuff is pretty good...as good as a new one? maybe not but close.

Made a quick video this evening, I don't think this stuff works in the cold as well as it did in the summer. It and the baits were in the garage(not heated) and it was cold outside aside from the sun.

Mend-it  worth a look

I use mend-it sometimes. But have more success with something along the lines of this:

You can experiment with different coloured plastics as well. One of my fav bulldawgs has been melted back a few times and now has kind of a zebra pattern going on. Last season a melted a plastic craw on the tip of a bulldawg and it looks awesome in the water (no fish on it yet but it will get eaten!). Not sure if the musky really care lol but who knows....you can melt anything you want on there! Big grub (8in) tails are good to replace bulldawg tails too.

I use mend-it sometimes. But have more success with something along the lines of this:

You can experiment with different coloured plastics as well. One of my fav bulldawgs has been melted back a few times and now has kind of a zebra pattern going on. Last season a melted a plastic craw on the tip of a bulldawg and it looks awesome in the water (no fish on it yet but it will get eaten!). Not sure if the musky really care lol but who knows....you can melt anything you want on there! Big grub (8in) tails are good to replace bulldawg tails too.

Wow, Get a mask!! I guess for the bigger baits this is good but i can't imagine this for a lil one. lol

• 2 years later...

I use Mend It and it can be a terrific product that can save serious dollars especially with expensive swimbaits IF you get fresh bottles of the stuff. It is not a well known or popular product here in Canada and it most definitely goes bad after a time. 2 out of the last three bottles I have purchased of the stuff was bad from the get go as it probably sat on the store shelf for who knows how long. Local tackle stores are totally in the dark about the technology(specifically freshness) of the product and it really is a product that will hurt their bottom line in future so be sure when you buy it that it is still very viscous AND use it up quickly because it does not keep. When it goes bad it congeles becoming thick and clumpy. At that point the product is very hard to use effectively. You can use a product called Testors Plastic Cement, a very liquid adhesive that is also found as a component in the Mend It and is available at hobbie stores that sell plastic airplane /car models, and it will bring it back a bit but not to the total effectiveness of a fresh bottle of the stuff. Perhaps buying it direct from Mend It on line is the best solution but even then I am not sure you would get a fresh product and again once opened it will go bad quickly.