Family Camping Recommendation

sneak_e_pete

Hi there, I am looking for some family campground recommendations. It will be myself and my 3 sons 8, 6 and 4.

Looking for somewhere where they can play, fish (I have a boat) and overall just have a great time.

I am currently booked at Golden Beach Resort on Rice Lake, but have read some reviews that are making me nervous about going there.

I live in Brampton...anything within a few hours is fine.

Thanks in advance!!

Hi there, I am looking for some family campground recommendations. It will be myself and my 3 sons 8, 6 and 4.

Looking for somewhere where they can play, fish (I have a boat) and overall just have a great time.

I am currently booked at Golden Beach Resort on Rice Lake, but have read some reviews that are making me nervous about going there.

I live in Brampton...anything within a few hours is fine.

Thanks in advance!!

just finished booking at Adventure Bay Fish Camp on Rice Lake for the long weekend.. gave me an excellent price Did research Golden as well but did not get very good answers... just keep on checking that area is all I can say

When my son was a wee lad and we started out camping we would always go here

http://www.fishermanscove.com/

Indoor Pool for bad weather Beach and swimming area for nice days. Childrens activities and a playground. Good largemouth,pike and panfish fishing. Close to Kincardine if you want to go into town.

Head down the Trent a little to coles point resort outside of campbellford..Your not limited to a Lake for fishing..Lots of events for the kids on Saturdays and a huge playgorund and swimming area... The place is well kept and the fishing is fantastic on the Trent and crow rivers..

http://www.colespoint.ca/en/

I haven't been to a campground that wasn't family friendly.........actually would like to find one that's not kid friendly/allowed.....hate the little buggers....they are always running around, screaming, climbing, yelling, running up and down the dock and climbing into my boat. Why can't the parents keep restrains on these little monsters............why can't they just sit down and relax with a beer like the rest of us....

I got to go..........my son is taking me out for breakfast.

Edited by Mister G

Ontario Provincial Parks are the best!

The best of them for kids and highly recommended is Pinery Provincial Park near Grand Bend which is less than 2.5 hours from your place. It has one of the best beaches, great sites, fishing in the ausable channel and you can take your boat out on to lake Huron. at the Ausable channel, you can rent kayas, canoes and paddle boats. The campground has a great park store.

Other Parks I have gone to and are great parks that have fishing close by and I'm sure a boat launch:

Point Farms Provincial Park ( 2.5 hours) This is one of my favorite parks. Good for 2 night stay.

Awenda Provincial Park (1.5 hours) Nice Park with awesome sites and lots of activities.

Rondeau Provincial Park 3.5 hours) Lot of activities but not so private sites.

Sandbanks Provincial Park (3 hours)

Whichever park you choose, check the reviews on tripadvisor.com and you can get a better idea on the campsites from this campsitepictures.com.

If you need help choosing a park or want specifics on some good sites, you can send me a pm.