Ripley's Aquarium of Canada

PUMP KNOWS

dont know how busy it is these days but we went mid week, first thing in the morning to avoid the crowds (i hate crowds). not cheap, but worth it if you have kids.

ripleys.jpg

Even odds that Raf is making the exact same face.

My son loved it and we'll go again and again. Take TTC or GO to save on parking and the kids get a train ride as well. And yes, buy your tickets in advance.

Surprised you fellow fish lovers aren't opposed to the aquarium. I've never been, but I do hear that there are lots of very impressive areas there.

Keep in mind that these fish are probably replaced regularly. Are we really wasting fish's lives by putting them on display and killing them slowly? All the while someone in an office is profitting from these animals' lives?

Valid considerations, although fish lovers isn't the best descriptor. As well, some "bird lovers" feed migrating birds during the winter and interfering with their natural migrations, while others might keep a song bird in a cage,

Anyway, back to the well morality of aquariums

Part of the counter would be that due to where many of us live we'll never see these types of animals, it allows us to better appreciate them and maybe consider them when dealing with the environment. Some of these aquariums (not sure about this one) also study and research these animals to better understand them and how we might help them in their natural habitats that we are encroaching on more, and more each day.

That doesn't give aquariums free reign either and we should ask questions and hold them accountable for their displays.

Went, saw wasn't overly impressed - go to one aquarium you've been to them all pretty much in my opinion; that's not to say there aren't differences because there are but its the same experience, though I did go to the Shedd aquarium in Chicago in August of 2013 and it was an experience if not for the fish, the architecture of the old building it is

I was extremely fortunate to be invited to a private party there last Spring. This Company rented out the whole place from 6pm to 10 pm and provided free food and drinks. Most of the people attending were drawn to the free bar....so I had the place virtually to myself for the evening! Awesome experience!

I went in August with my sister, brother in-law and 2 nephews. As others have mentioned, buy the tickets in advance or you could be waiting for a while (probably not so much a problem if you go during the week during a snow storm). Great place to visit and wouldn't mind going back in a few years. Would've loved to have a go with the fishing rod in the shark tank.LOL

3J7A1728_zpsnmw8ytuw.jpg

3J7A1730_zps7a6ypj49.jpg

3J7A1789_zpsrqwfzlir.jpg

3J7A1780_zpsfhhswtpz.jpg

3J7A1747_zpsx1fqsc0b.jpg

3J7A1734_zpszyxch2h0.jpg

3J7A1798_zpsjnvucxim.jpg

3J7A1834_zpsnbbantjg.jpg

3J7A1882_zpsfjgdnzro.jpg

3J7A1904_zpshuhpsyvy.jpg

3J7A2049_zpsctxwosjz.jpg

3J7A2122_zpsqozpiqmo.jpg