Fishing before bass seasons opens...

adam lancia

Smallies are introduced out there and do a great job of out-competing the beloved brook trout to the point they become rare/non-existant in a waterbody.

A few places also saw the introduction of largemouth. When I used to stay with my uncle, we'd catch loads of bass to bring home for supper. If we were asked about our luck, I was to tell the folks we were catching trout "cause no self-respecting bluenoser fishes for them garbage fish".

Haha I do enjoy bass more than trout I must admit, and some of the lakes out there are just full of bass around a foot long.

They're also introduced in Ontario, they were originally restricted to the Mississippi drainage and nearby waters. As were largemouth, if I recall correctly.

They are native to the Great Lakes, the St.Lawrence, and the Ottawa (plus tributaries) as well, however they're widely introduced elsewhere in the province B) . For instance there's bass in Algonquin Park in the north end, which are native, but the bass in the 60 corridor are all introduced populations. There are even lakes in the northwest corner of the park that are natural rock bass/brook trout lakes.

I shared this before but thought I would share again. I have sm bass nest under my dock every year

I love that video.

It shows exactly what "some" (and I mean only some) bass anglers want to be able to fish for them during the spawn.

THAT IS WHY!

(skill? who needs it, lol)

Really? It was indeed changed last year(and it made no sense to me)

Ill have to back this up but thats great news for me!!! Wonder why it would have changed for one year?

Don't know who told you there was a season last year, but find them and give them a smack. I just found the 2014 regulations in the back of my car, and FMZ 5 says bass were open all year. There were limits, under a sport license you could only take 4, conservation license 2, and they had to be less than 35cm, and from January 1 to June 30. At all other times they appear to be unregulated.

Don't know who told you there was a season last year, but find them and give them a smack. I just found the 2014 regulations in the back of my car, and FMZ 5 says bass were open all year. There were limits, under a sport license you could only take 4, conservation license 2, and they had to be less than 35cm, and from January 1 to June 30. At all other times they appear to be unregulated.

My gawd i had the book.

Not sure where i got that from???