Wow, a strong message

muddler

Not to mention the revenue it could generate back to the resource

The OMNR will never see any of that money.... It all goes to a general fund.... Which is squandered to cancel gas plants etc...

I hope this fellow gets the message and shares his experience with those around him..... However after reading the article it seems this fellow is habitual.

G

The OMNR will never see any of that money.... It all goes to a general fund.... Which is squandered to cancel gas plants etc...

I hope this fellow gets the message and shares his experience with those around him..... However after reading the article it seems this fellow is habitual.

G

Of course. Sad but true.

but seriously, imagine every poacher getting a $25,000 dollar fine for each offense.

Also, im obviously no lawyer, but when the court hands a hefty fine, if its not payed within the time given, isnt the fine payed in jailtime in accordance to the amount of the fine?

Edited by manitoubass2

G

When I googled the Ontario Fish and Wildlife Special Purpose Account, I found a 10 page PDF file about the SPA. The following statement is part of the background:
The Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act (FWCA) requires that revenues collected under that Act flow into the Fish and Wildlife Special Purpose Account (SPA). This includes all licence fees, royalties and fines paid under the FWCA and its regulations.
I also telephoned the OMNR hotline and confirmed the above statement.

Of course. Sad but true.

but seriously, imagine every poacher getting a $25,000 dollar fine for each offense.

Also, im obviously no lawyer, but when the court hands a hefty fine, if its not payed within the time given, isnt the fine payed in jailtime in accordance to the amount of the fine?

I hear ya and as Gerritt said the revenues collected will go to prop up this provinces dumbass liberal governments' debt and not into the ministry itself but I'm good with jail time alone as a deterrent. That to me is absolute enforcement.

Edited by moxie

I wonder if that's the same guy who I almost had a scrap with a Bronte Creek this past fall. I caught a female and this loser was telling me the whole time on how to bring it in properly. Ruined the whole battle. As I lifted it up the eggs starting falling out so I got her back in the water ASAP. He was telling me the whole time the fish was going to die anyways and I should give it to him. I released it and went on my way. He kept pushing that he was right and I came this close on punching him in the jaw. Five minutes later he was putting dead salmon in a big garbage bag.

More of these repeat offenders should see the inside of a jail cell. Far better deterrent than the fines handed out. Especially when one considers what has already been spent just to bring this one repeat offender before a judge.

TIme in jail is still a big deal breaker for those with families and careers.

it should be $25000 for an offense,the offenses would go way down,,,,,but it wont change cause they need fines and wont make money if it gets implemented....

it is government.....

and government is a business regardless what some people think

Edited by 123chadder

Imagine how quick poaching would slow down with a 25 grand fine AND jailtime

Only problem is honest people make honest mistakes sometimes.... So nailing them with a $25,000 fine might be a bit much...

If they're caught with 100 bass out of season then ya...

But poaching is a big catagory with many different infractions.... I got a fine because I made a mistake where the FMZ border was... There were 3 bridges on a river and I thought the border was the third bridge upriver and it turns out it was the first bridge... Most would say I was poaching... I wouldn't think what I did warrants a $25,000 fine...

No fish in my well and literally cast our lines in and the MNR pulled up behind us... We were targeting walleye and they were open in FMZ 20 but not FMZ 18... We were in a river that feeds into FMZ 20 from FMZ 18...

Edited by Mike Rousseau