Toronto Maple Leafs

mr blizzard

I'm very fortunate.

The company I work for has a box and 10 seats in the arena.

I work in sales so I get to use them quite often.

However, I understand it's business first, hockey second....yes, it's evil, but I enjoy it.

Lots of us "suits" that "ruin" the game truly enjoy the Leafs. I'm not the only one. :)

Don't worry bud, my home and auto rates are super high as well. i can't even afford to be insured by the company I work for.

The ones in the drivers seat right now are large scale commercial companies, especially contractors, or those who need insurance for construction projects.

I started in the industry in 2006. In the last 9 years commercial insurance prices have DROPPED almost 40%. Yes, dropped.

Unfortunately insurance companies look towards personal property and personal auto to make up that difference.

But, no more thread jack.

Go Leafs! :)

.....makes me appreciate the success the habs are having. Possible coach of the yr award.Possible mvp with Price.New drafts like Gallagher and Galechanyuk performing. Pacioretty playing like the next capt. Good owners and management. All is good. Never thought we'd ever be able to maybe sweep a season series with Boston........

Good owners and management.

Therein lies the difference!! The Leafs have the opposite. It was a grossly dysfunctional org for decades during the Ballard years etc and I'm not sure how much of an improvement has been made since. Few, if any, of the 'oldtimers' who won the cup could manage a good thing to say about the org. Bower, Dick Duff & others have been quoted in the paper being critical of the Leaf org. Keon would not attend the 'reunion' or whatever you call it a few years back. Such a poor org cannot bring out the best in players. That's why you see so many play better before and after they play for the Leafs.

They had their hands tied going into the cap era and the management still hasn't learned. Not much that can be done but show some more patience. I looked at their draft history over the last 20 years, hopefully the newer scouts can have a better showing. Not sure what they can get by making trades with playoff contenders during the season. Everyone wants something for nothing if they are in the playoff race.

They can also stop giving out 7M contracts. There are only a handful of players in the league that are worth that and none are on the Leafs.

Hey; whatever became of Luca Cereda?

Thinking there is something to help the leafs turn things around is like thinking there's hope that politicians will be honest someday. You can hope and dream all you'd like, but there's no chance in heck it'll ever happen. :angel:

However, I must say their recent 11 game losing streak was quite the spectacular performance and the whopping 11 goals was equally impressive. At least they're breaking records this season.... :whistling:

They had their hands tied going into the cap era and the management still hasn't learned. Not much that can be done but show some more patience. I looked at their draft history over the last 20 years, hopefully the newer scouts can have a better showing. Not sure what they can get by making trades with playoff contenders during the season. Everyone wants something for nothing if they are in the playoff race.

They can also stop giving out 7M contracts. There are only a handful of players in the league that are worth that and none are on the Leafs.

Hey; whatever became of Luca Cereda?

A players worth is what a GM or GM`s will pay....I am no fan of Phil the thrill but there would not be a shortage of GM`s willing to pay a lot more than 7 for Phil...geez a 40-50 point guy gets 5-6!