Beach casting in Antigua.

limeyangler

Arghhhh!....Man, I feel your pain.

Wow , you had my adrenaline pumping , just another day in paradise eh !

Thanks for sharing Simon. Even though that fish got away, I'm positive that experience will be a long lasting memory.

HEARTBREAKER EH?

It was the wire on the snap swivel that gave way. I purposely upgraded the test# strength of the braid as last year the fish would just pull once on 20lb and ….GONE…..!

I had pretty heavy duty snap swivels but obviously the forces generated by wave and fish were greater! I started tying direct to 30ld flour leaders after that. Still lost some fish but that is another story….coming soon.

BEAUTEEFUL!

For sure hoping to get back there next January!

That was awesome Simon! Sure beats the "snowmageddon" we are getting here today.

It was hard to tell what kinda fish that was, any idea?

thanks,

HH

Its a trivially species, there are so many. Google 'Trevally' and search images…you'll get the idea.

Nice fish...those southern fish know how to fight and the pressure they put on year gear means there is no time for playing a fish. I go loaded for bear with the best I can buy. Give them the initial runs but then get them to shore quick because sooner or later they will find the weakest link in your outfit.

Nice fish...those southern fish know how to fight and the pressure they put on year gear means there is no time for playing a fish. I go loaded for bear with the best I can buy. Give them the initial runs but then get them to shore quick because sooner or later they will find the weakest link in your outfit.

Yup, they have power alright. I will still be experimenting with light gear though. I love the challenge of going as light as possible, sure a few fish were missed but with some more experience I will be taming these guys with 10lb test and an ice fishing combo from CT!