Northern Ontario report - lake 'X' (Dialup BEWARE)

Fishnfiend

The pictures of the dragonflies don't do them justice Johnny. They were literally swarming....EVERYWHERE!

I will never forget them - that's for sure.

Mike, lemme buy you a beer sometime. :thumbsup_anim:

Beer? Anytime bud!

I can relate to a couple of things in your post. First, 2 seasons back my dad was working by himself up at my camp, and similar to your dad, had an unfortunate accident with a table saw. In his case he actually managed to sever 4 fingers on his left hand! After cleaning up his mess, putting the tools away and locking everything ( :blink: he's nuts!), he drove the boats 20 mins. back to the landing, hopped in the truck and drove himslf 40 mins to the hospital in Kirkland Lake. Within 1/2 hour they had him on a plane to St. Jo's in Hamilton where a plastic surgeon actually managed to re-attach his fingers. He's a tough old bugger, and very, very lucky.

Can also relate to the dragonflies. At the marina at my lake we have a similar hatch every year at this time. Funny thing though, I was up there working this past weekend and drove to the landing Friday evening to load some stuff into the truck. Unknown to me, everything I loaded in the truck had tons of dragonfly nymphs clinging to it.

Anyhow, yesterday morning I hopped in the truck to go home and 5 mins down the hwy almost drove the truck into a ditch. Apparantly the nymphs had hatched into dragonflies between Fri and Sunday morning....I had 30 of them freaking out and buzzing all around the inside of my truck :w00t: . It was actually pretty comical...