cooking thread...

back to Brian..............

so.............you fried the fillets, then (?) microwaved some shredded cheese on them?

And then instead of just lettuce, that is Caesar salad on the wrap?

They look TASTY!

Last night here it was hand-cut yukon gold french fries and fresh perch fillets done in Fish Crisp, yum yum!

so.............you fried the fillets, then (?) microwaved some shredded cheese on them?

They look TASTY!

Last night here it was hand-cut yukon gold french fries and fresh perch fillets done in Fish Crisp, yum yum!

Deep fried with fishcrisp.

Set aside til dinner. Then melted cheese in OVEN. Real nice and crispy.

Yes ceasers. I had chicken/bacon caeser wraps last night. So used left overs. Fresh of course, not left over mixed caesers salad. :canadian:

It,s not really tacos, it,s fish wraps, and thats a WRAP. :D

Edited by Brian B

Deep fried with fishcrisp.

Set aside til dinner. Then melted cheese in OVEN. Real nice and crispy.

Yes ceasers. I had chicken/bacon caeser wraps last night. So used left overs. Fresh of course, not left over mixed caesers salad. :canadian:

It,s not really tacos, it,s fish wraps, and thats a WRAP. :D

Thanks Brian, that looks and sounds very tasty indeed.

So you "could" use left-over fried fish for this probably? Like I would not fire up the deep fryer for a few fillets, but I could see myself cooking more fillets than needed for a meal, and this would be a very tasty way to enjoy the left-overs. When this has happened in the past, I generally eat the cooked fillets cold, with mayo and lettuce, on a bun or a sandwich.

I have to say though, fishcrisp is getting up there in price. I use to pay 3-4 bux a bag for years. Today I paid $6.45. I like this stuff as it repels the oil. I need to find a new coating that does the same for less $$$

I have to say though, fishcrisp is getting up there in price. I use to pay 3-4 bux a bag for years. Today I paid $6.45. I like this stuff as it repels the oil. I need to find a new coating that does the same for less $$$

$6.99 plus tax yesterday at Canadian Tire, yes it ain't cheap!

They look TASTY!

Last night here it was hand-cut yukon gold french fries and fresh perch fillets done in Fi

Where do you get fresh perch?

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Both ya.ll have a nice feed going there. I would love a taste, but Im stuffed. Nothing like a fresh feed of fish, two days in a row. I even have some left for my dinner Monday. Always fresh, never frozen.

Enjoy byes.

Capon is my absolute favourite bird, nothing even comes close to that!!!!

And I would take capon over fresh fish.....................but I get a lot of fresh fish and hardly ever get capon!

Doug

It was good Doug, not my first and each has always been gifted, can't beat that. ;)

However fish any day of the week is also good (I don't get it often either), Capon is for weekends. :D

It was good Doug, not my first and each has always been gifted, can't beat that. ;)

However fish any day of the week is also good (I don't get it often either), Capon is for weekends. :D

and capon carcass makes HEAVENLY soup..........................