First outing of '15

Jeremy84 and I decided that we would try out Couch yesterday. Lots of slush up there, not easy pulling a big otter! We fished in 10fow with my simcoe scud, buskshots, plastics and minnows when we needed to. I think we probably iced 50-60 fish, only got a handful worth keeping but it was a good way to kick off the season!

image_zpsb56a98d4.jpeg

photo_zps1f449ef8.jpg

photo_zps2a824630.jpg

Is Jeremy using pliers to hold up that perch? Just for that I'm making him use his teeth next i see him!

Yup. That perch's jaw was frozen shut. Even to get the pliers in it took Chris about 5 minutes of putting it in front of the heater.

I was going to add more pics but realized it just would have been more of the pile of perch.

It was great to get back out again with Chris. Seems like its been about 8 months since we've seen each other without one of us in work uniform. We probably should have set up shop a little deeper but being in just 7 FOW had its advantages. Getting to see the bottom of the lake through the ice was so cool and we were able to use a double attack to find the biggest fish. The flasher was used to see fish that were further away, and then when the school came close, we would watch them through the ice. It helped land a few extras as a few times the perch hit so lite we would have had no idea they were on if we didn't see them.

Great day on the ice, good conversation and a bit of a feed. No complaints here.