New TV tecnology....NF!

lookinforwalleye

Ah totally forgot about that. Did that for my first plasma, but not the 2nd. I remember it being important 6 years ago but totally forgot to do it with the more recent one. Both are set for auto-shut off after a few hours just in case the kids leave something up on the screen.

Yeah, like I mentioned you'll probably be fine. The new sets definitely aren't like the original plasmas. Enjoy the TV!

Just thought I'd mention my bros girlfriend just bought one of those curved smart tvs.

we set is up and watched for abit and I could not see anything special about it at all.

In fact it looks somewhat odd at first, like your eyes strain to adjust. At least mine did.

I kept my yap shut though because she was pretty happy with the purchase

Thanks Bill. You are a virtual cornucopia of knowledge and it's much appreciated at this end. While I'm at it high jacking threads, someone I know who's name will remain anonyms , was trying t be a good husband and cleaned his LCD screen with Windex. The result was a mess of vertical coloured lines in the center of the TV. It is now only 1 red line down the center. His wife is not very happy. They just bought this16 months ago. I think it's done, finished, gonezo. Is there a fix?

No it wasn't me. I even I know not to use Windex.

Thanks Bill. You are a virtual cornucopia of knowledge and it's much appreciated at this end. While I'm at it high jacking threads, someone I know who's name will remain anonyms , was trying t be a good husband and cleaned his LCD screen with Windex. The result was a mess of vertical coloured lines in the center of the TV. It is now only 1 red line down the center. His wife is not very happy. They just bought this16 months ago. I think it's done, finished, gonezo. Is there a fix?

No it wasn't me. I even I know not to use Windex.

Sounds like he pressed way too hard on the LCD, but cleaning it should never result in something like this. For the future, 50/50 with Windex and water would be the ticket with a microfibre towel (You can find these in the car section of Canadian Tire)..

Those pioneers were rock solid plasmas back in the day

Yup, The Kuro Elites are still the sets plasmas are judged by today... This is one of the reasons I bought a Panasonic VT. I'm still on the hunt for a 65in VT or ZT model.