Car stalling- crankshaft sensor replacement NF

northernpike56

Hi guys, my car (2008 BMW 335i) has been stalling a lot at slow speeds recently, and has a lot of trouble starting up, I get the code for a faulty crankshaft sensor on it. Does anyone know approximately how much this costs in parts/labour to fix? Just so I get a rough idea of what the repair bill will be...

Thanks,

Matt.

I may have pulled up the wrong thing in a hurry... looks like I did grab camshaft vs crankshaft..

https://www.partsmonkey.com/en-CA/Part/ForVehicle?vid=35619&ptnum=3142&Make=BMW&Model=335I&Year=2008&Engine=L6-2979cc+3.0L+F/I+TURBO+-+Vin+N54B30A&PartType=Crank+Position+Sensor Edited by irishfield

Note OP said crankshaft....... I am assuming camshaft sensor is a different part?

I once had a camshaft sensor error code and it was the GM mechanic that banged it loose when he was "fixing" something else lol....

Burt :)

oh yea for sure, I feel like its good knowledge to have as well as if you get really good at doing standard maintenance you will save so much money over your life, especially if you love cars lol. We figured miata would be the easiest because its rwd (which apparently is the simplest setup for a car) as well as the vehicle is so small and light. Miata's are a blast btw, I don't care what anyone says, they're hilarious to drive!!

Thanks again for everyone's input here, this is exactly why I love forums