Rogers, go to he double hockey sticks

Joey

Joey, if you are a relatively long time Rogers customer, I suggest you call them when you have some time and ask to speak to the Customer Retention department. I had words with them recently regarding service issues and was sent to that department.

Got my cell plan lowered, my cable plan lowered, my internet capacity/speed upped and fee lowered and the $2.00 fee for billing eliminated.

The war between Rogers and Bell for customers has really put the customer in the driver seat, if you talk to the correct people.

HH

In Hamilton, many of us have Cogeco. Kinda like Rogers 'lite'. Actually, Rogers owns a good portion of it. Anyhoo, I can't tell you how many time my boxes have malfunctioned. Pretty regularly. Then, I have to disconnect it and take it back to the Cogeco store so they can replace it with another malfuctioning box.

And the worst part is, they try to upsell you on more Cogeco products at the counter. Seriously!????

I have Shaw Direct. I had great customer service. Of course, I've never really talked to them after I got it installed. The price has gone up every year (at least) though, but that's par for the course.

I had friends that switched to Shaw, had problems and poor customer service, and switched back to Rogers.

I am slowly migrating away from cable/dish and over to online sites like Netflix. I just need to find a device with a good user interface. The software on my devices is absolutely terrible - TV, Blu-Ray, game console - all BAD and not user friendly. I have yet to try a Roku or Apple TV though. Maybe at some point. I was also thinking about just hooking one of my computers up to the TV instead. The web browser has been the best way to view Netflix/Hulu etc.. so far. I still need to work out how to get Hulu+ though. Being able to watch the most recent shows [without downloading them] would make me switch immediately.

Had some issues this afternoon with them, looking at upgrading to the new nexus 6, I'm off contract with them after being with them 6 years on my mobile, and recently with the switch my home.

ended up going to the customer retentions they offered me the "best value in market" which was $30/month over what I'm currently paying for the same thing, not to mention they still want the $300 for the phone up front, that all played out would be an extra $1058 over 2 years for the same thing just to upgrade my phone, so I think my best option here is to keep my $77/month plan and buy a phone outright.

unless of course I can somehow get the phone over the 2 years at the same plan I'm on, as my girlfriend recently upgraded to the Samsung s5 and was able to keep her plan (identical to mine) no problems

Edited by Lucas F

Also for anyone on these so called contracts from cable/satellite providers, as of Jan 23 2015, the CRTC says you can cancel a contract with no penalty that day, no 30 day notice, no double billing from last month of one company and the first month of the new company

A 2 year contract is a 2 year contract to early term of said agreement still will have a fee. Saying I'm done and moving on tomorrow to another company however is going to change on that date. No more 30-days notice, just up and go. Terms are still terms. Save $200 now if you sign a term and cut term off early = repay the $200. Just no more 30 days to wait and cancel. However, if you call and cancel then go sign up for a home phone at another company, prepare to need a new number. Sign up with new the new company and 'port' your phone number to them and the odds are much better you keep your phone number from company to company. Let's just say I have my ways of knowing these things... ;)

PS, those days of a "free install" with the removal of the no need to give 30 days notice to cancel I bet now WILL END too... Unless you sign a deal and said deal means if you don't like it and want to cancel, pay back the real full cost of the 'free install'. Better start service shopping now before the CRCT makes it sound like heaven when it's not going to be for the consumer. PS, ask them when we can pick and pay for TV for all of Canada like they already do in Quebec? ;)

Edited by GBW

Ok, thanks guys for all the input/info. After talking to a few members here, I think I have a plan in place. Just gets frustrating sometimes and the fact I bought the Rogers box instead of renting it, makes it kind of my problem, but I think I have a solution (Ha, we'll see right ;))