Interesting Perspective

Fisherman

Do think of late, about the considerable amount of time spent "connected" online.

His perspective is his own but it is close to where many are likely at... sometimes included!

Though I will add, without social media and the forums, many of us would be stuck in front of a TV instead. It is as much an entertainment as it is routine obsession. Must keep fishing or otherwise, my arse will mold into this chair upon which I sit.

I am of the mindset that an email does not equal a telephone conversation. A telephone call that goes to voicemail doesn't equal a conversation. A telephone conversation doesn't count as a visit. I don't use my cell phone unless I need to dial 911 or star 16, it's turned on to check to see if a family member has arrived safely or I'm going to be late for something called a visit. When I needed to it was a connection to make money, it's a tool just as a painters brush or a carpenters saw to do business, no phone no money. I do not do on line banking, once in a while I stand in line so I can flirt with the teller. I don't facebook, Skype, twitter, twatter or whatever there is out there to further disconnect ourselves from the human race. For some it is a God send, those that don't, can't or won't engage in social outings. I understand that. But not for me.

Someone asked the other day, why do you go on these chat forums that all you talk about is fishing? I said it's a huge kitchen table where you sit around with a coffee or whatever and shoot the bull with people that fish. That's it. Everyone is more than welcome to come to my place and do the same thing.

If my cell phone isn't on sorry I don't have voice mail, if my landline goes to voicemail it doesn't mean I'm not home. If it's really important come to the home, I will answer the door or just come on in, the door's open. I still hand write letters to elderly relatives and have a bank book.

Man I sound like my Great Grandfather that was afraid of a television and refused to talk on the telephone. Imagine what changes he saw, he was born in 1875 and I knew him.

Do think of late, about the considerable amount of time spent "connected" online.

His perspective is his own but it is close to where many are likely at... sometimes included!

Though I will add, without social media and the forums, many of us would be stuck in front of a TV instead. It is as much an entertainment as it is routine obsession. Must keep fishing or otherwise, my arse will mold into this chair upon which I sit.

:clapping::Gonefishing:

Still don't have a cell phone...and I got no problem with that. A couple of times a year a situation comes up and it would be nice to have one...but that's as close as I get to ever wanting one. I am pretty sure the world is heading that way regardless and someday I will be forced to have one. Until then I am happy to be keeping that distraction out of my life.