Question about new sanctuary

steelhunter

Friend of mine was just up in coboconk and the dam has a new sign on it saying no fishing sanctuary but I can't find anything in the regs about it. Anyone have any information about this. My family used to have the cottage at the dam and I can remember people fishing there until mid November..

I guess this is a new thing.

It's probably a sign for the spring. Dams open after the initial opening of the second Saturday in May and are considered sanctuaries. Probably best to do as Sinker says.

I read the regs, and appears there has to be a fish ladder for it to be a sanctuary. Like I said I'll be there this weekend and will check the signs.

I've never fished the dam, I have a few good shore spots on Balsam....

Your missing the exceptions in fmz 17.....give it a good read. I know what it says, but you guys should also be able to read and understand the regs.

S.

I've read the regs, including the exceptions for zone 17, many times and don't see what you're talkig about.

Maybe you could share what you know with people asking for clarification?

Seems we get into these wrangles every week. Anybody ever thought to just call the MNR? I'm sure they have a phone number. Heck, the government might have splurged and hooked them up to that interweb thingy. :whistling:

Maybe we should get a CO on the board as a consultant, pay them off in doughnuts or something, and they can be called upon whenever the subject of regulations comes up. ;)

Regs are pretty clear for the dam in coby.

You can fish there until the end of November 15th and can't fish there again until the Friday after the second Saturday in May.

Yep, pretty clear to me too.

It is a sanctuary from the second saturday in May until the third saturday....thats what the signs are for. Its not up to the MNR to post signs anywhere, its up to the angler to know the regs for the area they're fishing.

S.

Yep, pretty clear to me too.

It is a sanctuary from the second saturday in May until the third saturday....thats what the signs are for. Its not up to the MNR to post signs anywhere, its up to the angler to know the regs for the area they're fishing.

S.

. It's pretty simple like Shane said !!!! The bobcaygeon dam the buckhorn dam you name it they are all the same on the Trent Severn waterway !!!! ..... It's up to the angler to know these things .....