Need a new job - Completely NF

lilkynan

Right now I am a senior Canadian operations manager, but would cut grass!!!

Seriously - I am a 15 year experienced senior materials and operations manager in heavy manufacturing both union and non with experience from 25 to 1300 people under me.

But -

Maybe a job trade for the summer would be a good idea.Sorta like a time share.I wouldn't mind living up there for a summer but winter is another thing.How are your plumbing and HVAC skills?What do I have to do up there?

Joe

Seroiusly,what kind of field are you looking to enter?

After hearing your job title I still have absolutely no clue what it is you actually do. you might manage people????... but what else? gonna be hard to change your career when all you say is you manage people, I manage cows, not milk production, not butter consumption, not analysis on weather or not the white farmer rappers doing the milk commercials are increasing revenues and profits.. I just manage cows...... am I qualified to manage the TSX? because I manage cows? understand my point?

"Want Milk?, Drink Milk..."

Gerritt.

Be careful what you wish fer!

Many people are in jobs they hate. Very few enjoy their work.

Just when you beleive you got the worst job, there's someone who would trade places with you.

Sometimes it's the people, that make your time at work miserable.

Those people you are seeking to escape, have an uncanny manner of reappearing at the next job with different faces, but the same toxic character.

What it takes is better attitude management, sometimes.

Otherwise, you may wind up repeating the same dumb mistakes over and over searching fer that perfect fit, while the troublemakers get to keep their jobs and make their mortgage and SUV, and Boat and..... :blahblah1:

Be

Many people are in jobs they hate. Very few enjoy their work.

..... :blahblah1:

Do you realy think that very few people enjoy thier work?Thats a sad statement for human kind.Most of the guys I come across enjoy what they do and the ones that dont soon run out of customers.

Joe

Yep Gerritt...that's exactly what I was gettin at with fewer words. I know a "few" corp business owners...coast to coast to coast to coast..and overseas..Europe/Oz/NZ and Spain as well...if yah feel like travellin.

Ya need a dock boy Wayne?

:thumbsup_anim::lol:

Edited by Whopper

Thanks clamp it - very true statement - but when you work for an american who was sent here as a penalty, and then they move you, and then lay off 140 of 150 people, and then he blames you for his bad choices, ......... you hafta wonder.

For the past 8 months since moving I have kept my head tall and my honest. But - it is time ......

Sounds like you're looking for adventure. Join the Canadian Military. Try it, if you have a degree, go Officer. Whats a few years of your Life. There is no age restriction and if you don't like it there are ways of getting out before your first contract ends. Military don't want people that don't want to be there. You can try it or you can kick yourself later in years for not trying. Your boss will be that grizzled experienced Snr NCO or Officer. Not someone that your trying to make it rich so he can buy his spoiled kid a jaguar for its 16th birthday. You ll learn to love your men and them you. But really, sounds not like your piece of cake.

As the old saying goes " Those who enjoy their job never truly work a day in their lives."

Absolutely true, start off doing something that you enjoy the 1st time and your entire career will be enjoyable. I spent 32 years doing what I liked and never once ever regretted a single day on the job.

Of course I'm liking retirement a whole bunch more though B)