Bing Inlet

HTHM

Like Said from the highway to the mouth {clarks island) your good in the channel nothing to worry about..after she splits to North /South Georgian Bay that's a completely different story ..I live work and fish outta the inlet freeze out till freeze up ..Byngs a port its a shipping channel its well marked..the fishings been tough the past few weeks ..due to nasty change in weather no doubt ..skis aren't as active

Edited by North East Shark

Byng is well marked in the river itself, the ice fishers like to set up right in the navigation channels in the winter as this is obviously the deepest part of the channel. The water is still relatively warm but as this weather continues to hold I imagine the pickerels will start making their way in.

As Bill said, dont even bother trying to navigate without charts unless you are looking to purchase a new boat soon.

Take err really slow and be aware that if you head out into the bay, the weather picks up quick and if you are in a small boat theres a very good chance that you could end up in 10 footers smashing directly onto the shoals that protect the area.

Bring Rain gear, if the forecast says theres a chance of rain, it will rain.

Like Said from the highway to the mouth {clarks island) your good in the channel nothing to worry about..after she splits to North /South Georgian Bay that's a completely different story ..I live work and fish outta the inlet freeze out till freeze up ..Byngs a port its a shipping channel its well marked..the fishings been tough the past few weeks ..due to nasty change in weather no doubt ..skis aren't as active

Ski's not active recently .... You got that right. Been on the French 1 and 1/2 weeks ...... NOTHING. Had some follows, but no takers

What others have said... get a map and or stay close to the marked channels. Once you have reached the open bay, you can either work left or right and get into some out of the wind spots... but any kind of west wind will make a mess of the river mouth.

I found it a tough place to catch fish... but I was there in the heat of the summer a number of years ago, you may have better luck.

Also, in the week we were there, I lost at least three days of fishing due to the wind.

HH

your renting Haywards place..its across from the Marina yes..pan abode log cabin looking ..view facing east up river..fishing's tough ..both inland and on the Bay right now

Why yes I am. Along with all my siblings and spouses. Two weekends from now.