Best fishing within a 3 hour drive of KW

KraTToR

If you're going to Kawarthas Lower Buckhorn is usually better than Stoney.

If you're going to Bay of Q its much better near Picton than it is Belleville or Trenton and that's pretty far from KW.

Honestly the only thing I don't like about living in KW is the terrible drive for a decent place to fish. But I would agree and say St. John or really most of Simcoe if you don't mind the big lake.

And if you're willing to drive four hours you could probably make most of the lakes around Parry Sound and they're all good.

I grew up in Fergus but moved away in 83. Used to be tons of good smallie river action in the area. Lots of small creeks loaded with Specs and the Grand had just been infused with Browns as well. Caught tons on Pike in Lake Belwood and in the Grand as well. I hear Belwood has a healthy population of Eyes now too...but I can't confirm that.

I think you just have to get out and explore.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

st.clair,great musky and walleye fishing,bass is ok also :D honey harbour,moon river or anywhere on georgian bay,or the kawarthas is easily within 3 from KW

I've never been out on LSC, I guess the big water kind of keeps me away as I could drive 3 hours and not be able to launch if the wind picks up.

I've heard about Mitchell's Bay for Bass and the south side for Musky. I have to believe out from the mouth of the Thames has to be good for something as well.

What are considered the walleye hot spots?

If your looking for big water, your going to drive. I live north of you but there is a ton of fishing in the area, between reservoirs and rivers. I find I'm never short of options. It's also a pretty decent local to be a steelheader, I am right on the highway to Huron and GB. Pick a map and throw a dart, any of the options you listed are good! If your stuck on kawarthas, I agree that lowers buckhorn is an excellent destination!