tb4me

I am surprised it took so long, some here are finally realizing there may be something to what I have been pounding away at for years...being outshot and playing in your own end more than the other teams is not a recipe for success....and just because they win a few games against better teams does not mean see they can do it!!!

Look at those games... for the most part they were badly out played in those games and of course badly outshot...if Bernier played over his head 980 save % the Leafs had a chance if Bernier plays at NORMAL level they will lose...

The problems obviously go a lot deeper than the coach....like I said earlier I believe the Leaf defense just maybe the worst in the league...and if Phil the thrill is not scoring he is not doing anything else.

That last run they went on proves they can play against the best teams in the league and win.

Yes, they have played and beat some of the top teams.. what I said was I have a hard time seeing them being consistent enough to take down the top teams in a 7 game series..

Edited by jrwb

I am surprised it took so long, some here are finally realizing there may be something to what I have been pounding away at for years...being outshot and playing in your own end more than the other teams is not a recipe for success....and just because they win a few games against better teams does not mean see they can do it!!!

Look at those games... for the most part they were badly out played in those games and of course badly outshot...if Bernier played over his head 980 save % the Leafs had a chance if Bernier plays at NORMAL level they will lose...

The problems obviously go a lot deeper than the coach....like I said earlier I believe the Leaf defense just maybe the worst in the league...and if Phil the thrill is not scoring he is not doing anything else.

Have you watched "those" games??? Most of them the leafs outplayed teams, and had high quality scoring chances.

But I will agree I wish they had enough defense/backcheck to lower the shot count game in game out.

Reimers quote is hilarious. There is maybe ten guys in the league that could respectively make that comment(not that they would) and Reimer sure the heck isn't one of them.

Anyhow, I hope they make more changes then just the coach.

And I hope like heck the Babcock rumours are true!?

Get rid of Nonis as well,you guys think there was a line up for Pylon???No way ,Nonis screwed up,should be held accountable.Who would ever extend a contract with more money and NO one wanted him.I hope Shanny is behind the bench next game.A real leader the players have to respect.Trade whatever/whoever IT'S STILL NOT WORKING,two big D,one big proven centre,who will sit in the slot and fight it out.That would be a nice start.This team is going no where IMO.

James Riemer's tweet was priceless " I think his coaching was just okay ....." Randy had a core group that was successful in Anaheim, but the Leafs don't have the leadership in the dressing room to make others accountable. The Leafs have played the same way through a number of coaches, IMO there are deep problems in the dressing room :wallbash:

Anaheim started playing better when Randy left. I dunno what it is to be honest, I don't think the coach is to blame here. Although you've gotta have the right coach for the right guys. I hope Babcock makes an appearance!

Trade Kessel to the lowest ranking team the day before the trade deadline in March for their first round draft pick. Do the same with Kadri and Pheneuf with the second worst record.

it would be a gamble but if they got the first two picks they are guaranteed either McDavid or Eichel(sp?), or maybe both, A three year waiting and training program and with the addition of Nylander and they'd have a real core to build around. There are quite a few big defencemen available in the draft too.

That would mean that Leafs Nation would have to wait 3-4 years for a contender. I could live with that( even if I don't like the Laffs). It would definitely send a message to any slackers.

That would be a dream team for any coach.

I to hope those rumours are true

Last interview from what I heard,he did not want to comment on that.Shanny behind the bench(short term obviously) would be so COOL lol.Could you imagine?,I can,he needs to follow through now that management is changing.Could be a great time to be a leafs fan.

Edited by davey buoy

Reimers quote is hilarious. There is maybe ten guys in the league that could respectively make that comment(not that they would) and Reimer sure the heck isn't one of them.

Why? That's precisely what Carlisle said about James Reimer recently. The kid has a pretty sharp wit as far as I'm concerned.

Why? That's precisely what Carlisle said about James Reimer recently. The kid has a pretty sharp wit as far as I'm concerned.

Sharp wit is part of why it's hilarious Mike(too bad he isn't that sharp in net?)

The other reason it's hilarious is one of the two has a stanley cup! The other is a career back up goaltender.

Edited by manitoubass2

Anaheim played better when Randy left ? They won the cup.

There ya go, it's confirmed....the laffs are gonna win the cup this year...

:clapping:

You guys are hilarious, all over the map and grasping at any false hope you can!

A freeking comedian couldn't write better crap than this :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Thanks for the entertainment laffites, I know I can always turn to you when my Sens are slumping!!

:w00t::w00t:

Edited by muskymatt

No one is going to trade away for McDavid or Eichel, if they did they'd be insane.

That's what they said about Gretsky in Edmonton at one time. You never know what will happen until you start wheeling and dealing. Stranger things have happened. Status Quo for the Laff just won't do it. One quick fix by management has been tried repeatedly by the Laffs. It won't work. I'd have way more respect for a team that tries everything to build a better team rather than the Laffs that continually screw up and sell an inferior product. There are only so many franchise players that come around, gotta go for it when you can.

Toronto fans deserve( I can't believe I'm saying this) a winning team.

There ya go, it's confirmed....the laffs are gonna win the cup this year...

:clapping:

You guys are hilarious, all over the map and grasping at any false hope you can!

A freeking comedian couldn't write better crap than this :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Thanks for the entertainment laffites, I know I can always turn to you why my Sens are slumping!!

:w00t::w00t:

Your to funny Matt,love your input,please don't stop!!!!

James Riemer's tweet was priceless " I think his coaching was just okay ....." Randy had a core group that was successful in Anaheim, but the Leafs don't have the leadership in the dressing room to make others accountable. The Leafs have played the same way through a number of coaches, IMO there are deep problems in the dressing room :wallbash:

Reims doesn't have twitter it'd be a parody one

As long as the rock heads on the ice run the team, the Laffs will always remain loooooosers. Babcock to Toronto? Are you kidding me? TSN keeps talking like it's a done deal. Why would he leave a team that's going places and is ALWAYS in the hunt and in the playoffs? No way. Detroit will negotiate a good contract for him and he'll stay.

After all what idiot would want to work with those rock heads?

A couple of the sports networks are talking about packaging a couple of Leafs and buying out their contracts are at least carrying part of the cost to get them out. I agree, rip the team apart and rebuild.

As long as the rock heads on the ice run the team, the Laffs will always remain loooooosers. Babcock to Toronto? Are you kidding me? TSN keeps talking like it's a done deal. Why would he leave a team that's going places and is ALWAYS in the hunt and in the playoffs? No way. Detroit will negotiate a good contract for him and he'll stay.

A couple of the sports networks are talking about packaging a couple of Leafs and buying out their contracts are at least carrying part of the cost to get them out. I agree, rip the team apart and rebuild.

:good: Hate to say it but it's time to shake this team up big time !!!!!!!!!!

Easy to say when you're not the one who's responsible nor are you a fan and care how they do, the worse off they are, in your eyes is a plus I would not go buying guys out nor would I retain any more salary cap than they currently do (a shade over 2mill from Gleason and gunnarsson collectively)

If there's a deal to be done and it could affect the team positively I'm sure management wouldn't stop it from happening but every other team is out for themselves and don't wanna be on the losing end of a deal to Toronto cause they'll never hear the end of it

Edited by Lucas F