tb4me

5-3. Gotta love a team that wants to win.

I guess the sens lost the memo that they need to win games at the beginning of the season and not just the end. They are doing the opposite of as the Leafs or as you call them Laffs.

Leafs start strong and loose a bunch of people jumping ship. The Sens start weak and pick it up just to fall short of their goal, but what else would you expect from the Nation's capital

Phil gets a bad rap for his appearance of health, but who won the fastest skater comp at the all star game? You don't get to that level without dedicated training. He's probably got horse legs like Marty st louis

Phil gets a bad rap for his appearance of health, but who won the fastest skater comp at the all star game? You don't get to that level without dedicated training. He's probably got horse legs like Marty st louis

Now if he only had Marty's work ethic.

Phil doesn't work at anything, it's all given to him according to a few in this thread. What I'd love to see is all the guys slinging crap in this thread on the ice with him (Or can you guys even skate? lol) I'm sure your tune would change. His season totals over the past 5 years prove he's an elite player, why do people ignore simple black and white things like stats?

Phil Kessel last 5 seasons +/-: -20, -10, -3, -4, -35. Not too may elite players can compete with these numbers. Only two players in the top 20 in points in the league are minus players and only 4 in the top 30. Jamie Benn is -4, Tyler Seguin is -1, Joe Thornton is -1, Johansen is -11, Zetterberg is -3, Eberle is -17, Spezza is -4 and wait for it...........Kessel is -35. It is kinda hard to ignore the black and white isn't it? Of course Phil blames it on bad bounces and empty net goals on Friday....that's some pretty crappy luck.

Edited by G.mech

Phil doesn't work at anything, it's all given to him according to a few in this thread. What I'd love to see is all the guys slinging crap in this thread on the ice with him (Or can you guys even skate? lol) I'm sure your tune would change. His season totals over the past 5 years prove he's an elite player, why do people ignore simple black and white things like stats?

Raw ability and work ethic are two totally different things. Phil can skate circles around me and make me look stupid because he has that natural talent. But I'd challenge him to a Marathon any day, give him a year to train and I'd still whip him.

Sadly I can see him retiring at 32 if we are lucky. Marty will be like Jagr and playing until he is 45.

Phil has been blessed with great genetics as an athlete. He skates like the wind mostly because of great fast twitch muscles provided by those genetics. I'm not sure how hard he worked or didn't work to get to the NHL. Read Brett Hull's book, he didn't work at all to reach the NHL; he did after he made the big show.

The Mechanics stats say it all and yes he won't have a long career in the NHL IMO.

Although I hate to say it, the Leafs actually played a pretty good game last night. It was even "entertaining"

Now how about those SENs, huh?

Wow! Awesome game the Sens played....14-1-1 in the last 16 games and now in the 8th playoff spot with a game in hand!! :clapping::clapping:

The way they move the puck is a treat to watch, fast and hard!

:thumbsup_anim:

GO SENS GO

Im interested in the new Leafs signings..Casey Bailey should join the leafs this week some time. He is a college player but so was Bozak and Steve Thomas..So we shall see..He is a scoring machine where he plays now..Lets see how he does in the bigs..
As for the Sens, ill give credit where credit is due. Congrats to them, now lets see if they can hold on 10 more games..Shall be interesting..If and if they do, ill be cheering for them for the playoffs, after all they will have deserved it..

Im interested in the new Leafs signings..Casey Bailey should join the leafs this week some time. He is a college player but so was Bozak and Steve Thomas..So we shall see..He is a scoring machine where he plays now..Lets see how he does in the bigs..

As for the Sens, ill give credit where credit is due. Congrats to them, now lets see if they can hold on 10 more games..Shall be interesting..If and if they do, ill be cheering for them for the playoffs, after all they will have deserved it..

As much a leaf fan,and IMO they should get rid of 3/4's of them,I as well give credit when credit is due.Good for Ottawa!!!,hope you have enough to get to the playoffs,and let's see what happens after that!!!

:clapping::clapping:

As much a leaf fan,and IMO they should get rid of 3/4's of them,I as well give credit when credit is due.Good for Ottawa!!!,hope you have enough to get to the playoffs,and let's see what happens after that!!!

Would be nice to meet the Habs if we make it. We seem to have their number! As for the leafs, yes, 3/4 of them or more should go. And the management as well. Start fresh and lets rekindle the battle of Ontario!