Steel Washing Machine Drum-NF

FloatnFly

i like the drum better because it gives a nice starlight effect on the sides, we had one in my backyard growing up, now i want one for my backyard

I really like the drum. Picked up a stainless from one of the second hand appliance stores on Queen St between Dufferin and Shaw - I think it was called Royal Appliances. Charged me $10.00. Works like a charm. Call around before you drive - yellow pages are your best friend.

bobby

I really like the drum. Picked up a stainless from one of the second hand appliance stores on Queen St between Dufferin and Shaw - I think it was called Royal Appliances. Charged me $10.00. Works like a charm. Call around before you drive - yellow pages are your best friend.

bobby

thanks, I just emailed a few local parts stores to see if they have any or know where i can get one

If you find one, let me know, I might be able to pick it up for you and drop it off at your place.

thanks for the offer, i'll keep that in mind, if you find one on the side of the road in that area let me know as well, i have a buddy in caesarea thats goes into lindsay quite a bit as well

Just curious, but do you burry any of it or just place it on the ground? I've heard of this method before and was also curious of any advantages over using rocks.

Pidge

you can do either one, but the FD would probably want patio stones under it, and an oven rack over it, im going to put mine on a couple of cinder blocks on patio stones

I like an unobstructed view of the fire myself, some trailer parks require chimenias or drums for outdoor fires

one advantage I've seen guys do (I wouldn't do this myself), they save their used motor oil after an oil change, and pour some into the bottom lip of the drum while the fire is going, the slow burning oil keeps the fire going when burning big logs or crappy, wet wood

Edited by chris.brock

I dunno if the one I have here is any good to you. It looks pretty flimsy. Ive seen the old steel washer drums your talking about, and this one seems really thin in comparison.

Its yours if you want it though. I can email or text pics if youd like to see some. Just pm me a contact.

Im in millbrook BTW. Washer even works :)

S.

I dunno if the one I have here is any good to you. It looks pretty flimsy. Ive seen the old steel washer drums your talking about, and this one seems really thin in comparison.

Its yours if you want it though. I can email or text pics if youd like to see some. Just pm me a contact.

Im in millbrook BTW. Washer even works :)

S.

ahh so the thin walled stainless steel one. i'd be scared it would burn through after a few uses. the manufactures switched to save weight and money in producing washing machines

I like an unobstructed view of the fire myself, some trailer parks require chimenias or drums for outdoor fires

one advantage I've seen guys do (I wouldn't do this myself), they save their used motor oil after an oil change, and pour some into the bottom lip of the drum while the fire is going, the slow burning oil keeps the fire going when burning big logs or crappy, wet wood

i do as well, but to keep the by law office happy, it needs to b enclosed and used for 'cooking' so going to throw a bbq rack over it and keep a pack of dogs next to me lool