Got robbed...

mike rousseau

Went to leave for work this morning and noticed the interior light was on in the wife's Envoy. Yup the driver's door window frame was pulled/bent out and they were likely able to reach in and hit the power lock switch. We never keep anything of value in our vehicles but the Envoy was ransacked with maybe a few CDs missing and a couple bucks worth of change.

Our neighborhood seems to go through a monthly cycle, where we all get hit once or twice on our street with some form of break in. It usually happens shortly after a new family moves into the subsidized rental townhouses at the end of out street.

It only took 4 days this time since the moving trucks left and all the new tenants moved in.

Dan.

Yup the driver's door window frame was pulled/bent out and they were likely able to reach in and hit the power lock switch. We never keep anything of value in our vehicles but the Envoy was ransacked with maybe a few CDs missing and a couple bucks worth of change.

This is one of the things that drives me crazy the most. Thugs cause thousands of dollars in damage (at least a $500 deductable for DanD) all to steal $10. Makes you want to just sit out in a lawn chair and hand out $10 bills to all the scumbags who wander by. Probably a lot cheaper.

It reminds me of an article I read in the newspaper several years ago about a thief who stole some coper or brass fittings from some equipment on a property containing hazardous materials. The alloys were worth maybe a hundred bucks but the clean up cost the property owner over half a million and not covered by insurance. How crazy is that?

Better you didn't catch them. I heard of a guy that tried to surprise a burglar and wound up getting the crap beaten out of himself over a crappy bicycle from his garage. Cheaper to replace said items and hope the karma police catch up with them. They often do....

The sad reality is that a petty theft charge is nothing to these crack head low lifes. I was born, bred and worked in Hamilton until we moved to the cottage in 2000. These vacation places were and still are targets because they are isolated and the owners didn't even know they were broken into for months sometimes. They used to target the odd beer and bottle of hooch now it's high end electronics and land and water toys from these "cottages". It has gotten better but I have seen and heard of as many thefts rurally than when I lived right in downtown Hamilton. Low life's care nothing about geography, opportunity is all they care about, and their next puff of stupid stick or crack. Many lucrative thefts out this way are for the crops that are coming soon and we aren't talking about cow corn. They go to great lengths to raid the grow ops. Night vision goggle that show a heat signature for mature buds, GPS, even renting airplanes to do fly overs looking for patches mimicking law enforcement agencies that do the same exact thing to pinpoint a grow op. These aren't your petty theft lowlifes, these are big time organized crime low life thieves.

I am a member of a social club on James St. N. in Hamilton. We get these cracked out lowlifes coming in everyday with bag loads of swag to sell. The easiest score lately is Beef from grocery stores, bag loads. As son as we call the police on these guys they catch on and high tail it out of the place. The police tell us they can lock them up everyday only to see them on the streets the very next day doing the very same thing.

At least they are stealing from Fortino's rather than breaking into residences for trinkets. Just because they are thieves and druggies doesn't mean they are stupid. They bring in a large grocery bag and fill it and walk out. If I had a choice of where they steal I vote for the corporate retailers rather than a helpless Senior in the neighborhood.

I'll tell you how bad it can be, this past spring a bicycle cop had his ride stolen from a parking meter when she and another constable sat inside the restaurant and had lunch. \they were never nabbed. I guess they don't lock them if they need to ride at a moments notice. Try and explain that one to the Sarg. at shifts end.