Got robbed...

mike rousseau

Who steals a net... Portable charger... And a boat seat with pedistal...???

In my driveway while we were home sleeping...

Unreal what low life's will risk jail time for...

The stuff is pretty old and worthless but to replace everything it will cost me over $300...

I hope someday I catch one of these punks in the act...

that sucks Mike. About 10 years ago when I first started to get back into fishing someone hit the truck the one night I left the rods and tackle in after a long hot day of fishing. Lost about the same amount. Replaced the locks on the cap. Unfortunately doesn't matter where you live, ya gotta lock it up.

Edited by spincast

That sucks big time !!!

I'll tell you what though, after reading all these stories about theft from boats and such, when getting ready for holidays this summer I left the boat in my garage over night, and hooked it all up in the morning. I just couldn't take the risk of leaving it in the driveway even with the cover cinched down tight. I have my eye out for a light and a camera that feeds to my PC which is almost always on.

My next house will have a garage... A well secured garage...

I've got a big 1000 sq. ft. garage plus a 400 sq. ft. loft above it and park my boat & truck in there plus all my tools and everything else.

Being out in the country I never bothered to lock the place as there had never been a report of anything ever been stolen on this road before until a neighbor down the road had his ATV stolen last year.

I now keep the garage locked every night and leave an outside light on.

Sad that we have to live this way but until our courts ever decide that these punks need to be dealt with SEVERELY, we don't have much of a choice I spose.

Edited by lew

i have friends who laugh and call me paranoid. i always take my gear out of the boat with me even if its only for 30min while i eat. it sucks lugging everything 3 times a day up and down to the boat but i still have it all. living in hamilton makes anyone paranoid about thieves!

but a boat seat........thats interesting.

I've got a big 1000 sq. ft. garage plus a 400 sq. ft. loft above it and park my boat & truck in there plus all my tools and everything else.

Being out in the country I never bothered to lock the place as there had never been a report of anything ever been stolen on this road before until a neighbor down the road had his ATV stolen last year.

I now keep the garage locked every night and leave an outside light on.

Sad that we have to live this way but until our courts ever decide tUhat these punks need to be dealt with SEVERELY, we don't have much of a choice I spose.

Lew , when we go to work (well not you :)) other people also go to "work" and help themselves! I'm like you they are scum and then some.

I've only had my car looked at and they too my change. Where I live now we should be leaving our wallets in the driveway! But it will never happen, a few people down the road think we are easy pickings :( and when they need it they will come.

As annoying as it is, I do the same - empty everything out of the boat every time. Years ago I stopped for lunch once for an hour at a friend's cottage and thieves took all the rods, tackle and even the worm box and anchor! Ridiculous. At night if I leave the boat at the dock, the boat gets cable locked to the dock, and a second cable runs thru both my seats and the gas can onto the first lock... if someone wants it that bad they will still cut the locks and get it, but it will take some effort.