A young lad's first wally

spincast

G's best friend has only been fishing in a boat once, and rarely fished at all. We had talked for a while about another outing together (took him on lake O once and he caught a nice little Coho). Today we decided to introduce him to Lake E. Second rod wasn't even set up before he had his first gold

DSCF2862_zpse4d96bc7.jpg

shortly after that we ran into a bit of a rough spell as I tried to set up six lines and the boys were more interested in chatting and checking out wally-in-the-well. Cost us a cluster and a rod by the time we were done <_<. Worse things can happen. We moved on and tried some water that didn't want to play. I really should listen to that inner voice more. It kept saying 65 FOW but I figured the pack of boats in 58 was on to something - and some were. But our Karma needed 65. After a few hours of watching others bag them here and there I said 'nuf. Packed her up and headed out to 65. 15 minutes and we're into a goodie.

DSCF2865_zps337a7a3c.jpg

About 20 minutes later a first for me - the wire dipsey set up screams out and a few minutes later, Helloooooo big boy

DSCF2866_zps57c072df.jpg

all three were nice and clean, healthy fish.

The we heard a crack of thunder, and being about 1/2 hour out of port decided better safe than sorry and headed in.

G's friend had (can you believe it?) never eaten fresh fish before? :dunno: So he was invited to supper and found out the pleasures of fishing go beyond a few hours in the boat. I hope we gave him some memories to start his own angling explorations when he is old enough

IMG_8256_zpsb0226248.jpg

IMG_8253_zps6fb33184.jpg

IMG_8251_zpsd1cb7a8d.jpg

GOPR0175_zps151d80f8.jpg

Well , that's E & O for the long weekend, E, eye, E eye O.

Edited by spincast