Walkera QR X350 PRO camera drone (NF)

Terry

I  bought a Walkera QR X350 PRO  camera drone thought it would be great for getting high shots   and a great toy

I was not happy when the instructions said..not for Amateurs...crap

I never flew a r/c plane or anything else so.....expect crashes

this is the transmitter it has a monitor in it to view the onboard camera

photo Untitledpicture_zps077d96ba.jpg

this is my first flight

there was some windy and kids showed up as soon as it got air borne

I was really concerned cause I have never landed either

the on board camera did not record for some reason ,, will work on it

here is the first flight

I imagine it's not for the faint of heart to fly those. I used to fly model airplanes, had a couple of crashes, rule of thumb, always have at least 2-3 x the recovery height when things go wrong. Now with a chopper that's probably a bit different.

Drone flying is easier than helicopters but a crash is still expensive. I have a couple of hundred hours on mine and while I am comfortable flying it to get smooth video that is coherent will take time and practice. one of the best practices is to set out 2 cones and do figure 8's once that is comfortable try doing it and keeping the camera centered on the cones.

Good luck and good flying.

Art

it does but I have not tested it, one step at a time, I am not sure I calibrated the gps and whatnot.. they fly away if you don't have everything right

plus kids came around where I took off from so I could not do the one button home switch

Terry here is the unit I fly http://www.dji.com/product/phantom it has lights that help you see the direction and attitude it is flying easily. Check your settings to see if it has a setting for GPS lock and landing mode. The GPS lock will allow your unit to hover in the same place and altitude when you take your hands off the controls. The signal loss is when the unit will return to the original power up point and land. Here is a tip from your uncle Arttie do not energize it in the garage and then carry it outside and test this function. Cost 1 leg strut. 4 prop's lesson learned priceless.

Art

yup it has all that, I was flying it today in hover mode but the wind was moving it around pretty good

mine has the green at the back, red at the front lights too and it sure helps to keep you going in the right direction

I looked at that Quadcopter too, went with this one

Ya, it's one of those things, left, right, up and down. I used to "fly over my shoulder" when it was coming towards me. And when you're up side down, push, don't pull especially when you're only 10 feet from burning worms. Spectacular crash to say the least.

My buddy has the dji model.......hes an ace at flying it now but the blades still have grass/leaf stains on them from his first few flights lol

most people come around and watch ........but we've also been asked to "shut it down" on more than a few camping trips already as a select few are complaining about invasion of privacy.