The Oh-Fish-All--Critique My Decision

bushart

Well The King is Dead.......Long live the king!

My ole Lowrance X85 has gone to finder heaven...Actually my transducer calved and I can no longer replace it

Now I bought this is 97---it has served me extremely well---and I was used to what it told me and how it was displayed

2008_1025trial0008.JPG

So now when I go to replace---the room starts to spin-----gps--navionics---maps-----DSI

Wow...all's I wanted was what I had---hard to find---I even called Lowrance CS in the USA

So I know it's not the prettiest on the shelf...but it's what I just ordered from LeBarons---I think this old dog just does'nt want to learn those new tricks...and I hope it's close to being as good as my old one

http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Products/Fishfinder/Mark5xPro-en-us.aspx

I know why you bought that one Terrance.

It,s black and white,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :rofl2:

RIP X85 you served him well. :angel:

Ch'ya...jus like ma tv in the libbenroom

Actually I won a few bets with my 85 on me sayin what the species we were lookin at---course they had to get caught

Apparently now with DSI---ya can tell the fish's last bowel movement :wacko: ---takes away all the guesswork

old habits die hard i reckon

Ch'ya...jus like ma tv in the libbenroom

Actually I won a few bets with my 85 on me sayin what the species we were lookin at---course they had to get caught

Apparently now with DSI---ya can tell the fish's last bowel movement :wacko: ---takes away all the guesswork

old habits die hard i reckon

They still mark the same fish. Don't get caught up in the fancy schmancy new gizmos. The old school graphs still work just as good at marking fish, and if you know what your looking at, you will know when its fish and not weeds or other crap down there.

I use an X96 thru the ice, and I mark the exact same fish as a guy with a top of the line flasher, but I saved my self a few hundred bucks.

All that said, I have a fancy unit on my boat, but solely for the GPS Mapping. Its slick as snot on a doorknob.

S.