Kasshabog Lake

Sinker

I'm headed to Kasshabog lake this weekend for a week of R&R and fishing with the family.

I've never been, and don't have the map on my Navionics.....any insight?

We're staying on the SW arm of the lake, on the north shore.

I'd mostly target musky, a bit of walleye, and Bass with the kids.

Does anyone have a map of the lake?

I'm not asking for favourite spots, but I'd gladly take any your willing to offer :)

Thanks!

S.

Kashabog was a favorite camping/fishing location for me and my family back in the 50's Shane, but darned if I can remember any of the good fishing holes now...sorry I can't be of any help.

Kashabog is my home lake. The bay your referring to is Bass Bay. Last weekend there was a small local tourney and that area got pounded. Stick to the endless amounts of shoreline closer to where ur staying. I had much more success last weekend running that pattern. You cannot just take off on plane unless you know where your going. There is no navionics and the maps online (just google it) are a start but you will take a prop off if you rely on it. Muskie are there but not very many ( hence why they restocked lake with walleye recently). Lots of bass and eyes there. There is so much shoreline and structure you will have water to yourself that others haven't fished in years. Normally only a few hardcores fish it and the rest are weekend warriors as most cottagers are only interested in boating. Good luck.

I hear the musky fishin is pretty good there.....

Im not the kind of guy to go out of my way for bass, but the kids can have fun with them.

13 of us going. 6 adults, 7 kids....i have the only boat....i suspect i'll be spending a fair amount of time fooling around with the kids chasin bass, but you can garantee i'll be setting some time aside to chase the real fish in the lake ;)

Thanks for the info so far, and keep it coming!

S.

well, we caught a couple pesky muskie going after those "real fish" :)

walleye, well, Sinker, I've seen your catches...you'll find them no issue...

just expect the fishing style to be closer to fishing stoney than the tri lakes or rice.

set the kids up with some poppers and let them have at those bass!!!!!!

(or be like my dad and simply catch'em on senko's)

Hey steve. The bags are a 3 fish limit so obv no 20 lb bag. Winning weight was 10 plus for three fish which is solid. Its a small tourney but all locals that know that portion of lake. I don't fish it no more as we made a rule once ya win twice its grillmaster and help others so that's fun. I almost never get to fish kosh due to tourney schedule but its an amazing lake. It has some big fish in it.