something interesting seen in the bush,

chris.brock

while I'm posting, I'll include a few other pics for fun

Team Polaris gets set to head out into the bush for a half day of adventure

100_3098_zpsc800bc27.jpg

we ride Polaris because we are too cheap, or can't afford Yami's

here's the Poor Man 500

100_3099_zps08b32454.jpg

we all want to be able to afford new Kodiaks, so we stop at a creek, set up the sluice box, and start moving pay dirt

100_3094_zps1bc17845.jpg

"Hey, this is my claim, go find your own!"

100_3093_zps8b084818.jpg

Karston working the shovel, when he would start slow down, I would just threaten to throw him in with the snapping turtle and he would speed up again

100_3095_zps90ee92bc.jpg

Anyways, with pockets full of nuggets, we go for a ride.

We do some bass fishing in the Queen Elizabeth ll Wildlands PP. We have seen the Parks truck driving around a fair bit lately. When we get to a lake, we notice all the boats have been tagged and likely have to be removed after deer season.

100_3097_zps80a0ae8c.jpg

The notice says you can get a permit for a cached boat. I'm not sure that's the case. I think they just want you to call.

Some of our circle of friends are thinking this is the beginning of the end of our little sanctuary for outdoor activities. I think it may help us. Less people/ boats = better fishing, and I know we are motivated enough to still fish these lakes one way or another.

I just thought this was interesting and thought some other guys would find it interesting too. I'm not whining or bashing the MNR or Parks people.

New this fall on History...Backwoods GOLD! --- with Chris Brock and his intrepid team of ambivalent Polaris denizens.

Watch how they make do with machines they tolerate!

Nice as always Chris.

Thanks for posting,

Mark

A buddy of mine has a place on anstruther lake and was telling me about these cached boat tags. I'll ask him if he's called and see what they said. Im curious now.

Interesting set up for the sluice....have you had any luck?

S.

that was hilarious Mark, I haven't watched that show MB but would like to hear the story

No, there isn't a gold rush in Minden yet, Eldorado Creek didn't give up her gold that day

I called the warden about the tagged boats. Unless you have a hunt camp that justifies having a cached boat to access your camp, all the boats have to come out. It also looks like ATVs will be banned from the park. I liked it better when it was just crown land and not a Prov Park. There's still no services, but a lot more rules.

Edited by chris.brock

That's a bummer about the boats , what are you going to do now ? We have some cached boats on a lake and have never had a problem . We pull them way up

into the bush so they are not an eye sore for anyone going by "out of sight out of mind" There is a bass lake I have been fishing for a long time now that has

at least 15 cached boats at the end of the trail all pilled up every which way , really looks terrible . Its not a matter of if but when the MNR see's this and they will pull

these things out or tag them .

Love the sluice box , you never know do you , good luck !

Edited by 4x4bassin

that was hilarious Mark, I haven't watched that show MB but would like to hear the story

No, there isn't a gold rush in Minden yet, Eldorado Creek didn't give up her gold that day

I called the warden about the tagged boats. Unless you have a hunt camp that justifies having a cached boat to access your camp, all the boats have to come out. It also looks like ATVs will be banned from the park. I liked it better when it was just crown land and not a Prov Park. There's still no services, but a lot more rules.

I thought ATV's were already banned. I know my buddy still uses his all the time (illegally?) , and has a couple boats cached in there as well. He's not at all happy that its a provincial park now....he's been going there his whole life.....almost 40yrs. Kinda sucks. Its a boat access only cottage too.

S.

Is your buddy Craig?

ATVs not banned yet. They are still trying to figure out what kind of park it will be and what uses will be allowed. Warden said there's no Prov. Parks that allow ATVs so the writing is on the wall.