anybody looking for a portable shelter...great deal

bow slayer

How did they ship it to you? I can only find one thing on this shelter on line and that' s that it weighs 230 pounds - not sure I believe that! Have you set it up as yet? Thinking I want one but would like to know a bit more.

Thanks!

Michael

came by courier friday morning they called first saying they would be there shortly and were,not sure about weight but it would be close to 200 lbs. I have not set it up yet. Apparently you can return to local walmart for refund if desired. A few people I know who have set it up are very satisfied both on quality and ease of set up.

Just ordered mine - supposed to be here tuesday. I'll be setting it up for yard sale purposes - have a party tent with walls but I have it set up out of the wind - this shelter should be better out front nearer the highway - at last I'll be getting rid of all the leftovers from when I had the booth yaaaayyyyy!!!!

Michael

Just ordered mine - supposed to be here tuesday. I'll be setting it up for yard sale purposes - have a party tent with walls but I have it set up out of the wind - this shelter should be better out front nearer the highway - at last I'll be getting rid of all the leftovers from when I had the booth yaaaayyyyy!!!!

Michael

PM date of sale please.. :Gonefishing:

If you have those shelters set up where direct sun light is ,they are known to get very frail after a season or two.

My pops first one was like that.

The second one he has another large tarp over it to deflect the sun heat.

Also to add,make sure you keep re tightening the straps. With the heat,they will stretch and start to sag.

Biggest damm eyesores in any neighbourhood.

Ya they belong in the back forty. Thats where my pops is. Uses it as a storage shed.

Edited by Misfish

So I ordered it sunday - was supposed to come today. Called them yesterday when I didn't get a shipping notice and was told it was being processed. Called today and was told it'd be 5-8 days and the earliest they could attempt to locate and/or expedite would be tomorrow. Wish they'd said that online - might not have bothered as I wanted to set it up tomorrow -dang! The only thing they could confirm is that it was ordered from the vendor in Quebec . I did notice that early yesterday morning the website was reporting out of stock, which I mentioned, but they assured me I was getting one.

Funny how it came off my charge card Sunday tho....

Michael

Yes I read up on that about them - and I've see a few around me that came down last winter for that very reason. For me it was never supposed to see snow Lew - ordered it to use on yard sale the next couple weeks, then as a temporary workshop for a couple months only because I would have had it for the sale. Just not meant to be I guess!

Michael

I've got a 16X12 set up in my back yard that's been there since last October. Used it all winter to BBQ in and I have my smoker set up in there as well. Yea every once an a while I have to tighten the ratchet straps. For the snow load I bought a couple hundred feet of cheep 1/4" rope; that I tied in a zigzag pattern between the ridge pole and the top wall poles. There's enough of a pitch to the roof that a couple of taps by hand from the inside the snow just slid off.

A poor man's man cave and no fridge required; had to put the mix in a cooler to stop it from freezing. The Rye only went slushy a couple of times.

Dan.

Been using similar shelters for 6 years now.

I have two 10X20's attached end to end to make a 10X40 that my boat is stored in.

I have another 10X20 with my snow mobiles & trailer and snow blower in it.

And I have a 10X10 with other items stored in it.

I knock the snow off the roof as soon as there is a couple of inches built up. Pretty simple just using a broom to knock the roof from the inside.

Currently working on laying patio stones inside the 10X40 to make it easier to work on my vehicles in there.

Notice I have sunk PT 6X6's in the ground to anchor the tent. It's lag screwed to the 6X6's and is solid as a rock.

Can't say the same for my neighbours, it ended up tangled in the barb wire on the top of his 8' fence during a wind storm a couple of months ago. :oops:

10285013_899595976733409_404336034406400

After being told by the courier yesterday morning there was NO WAY it was going to be delivered before Thursday or Friday, I moved the party tent I have (after emptying it out from sorting & pricing) out front and started setting up. At 3:15 a cube van comes roaring in and delivers the garage. So, I got it might as well use it, set it up today for my friends to use for their stuff. Kinda neat the way it goes up but it does take 2 people minimum and no way can in be done in 15 minutes, at least the first time! Instructions seemed to be a translation into english after a trip through a couple other languages. Overall I'd give it a pretty high rating. Too bad they're sold out now!

Michael

P1010026_zpsbca4b123.jpg