My buddy Beans

Big Cliff

Bless his heart, he called me a few days back, his lawn tractor quit on him (after trying to use it to cut fire wood on his lawn) and he wondered if I could FIX it. Well, not being too sure what I might find when I got there I hesitated but did agree that I would take a look at it first chance I got.

Finally yesterday I managed to spring some spare time and Sue and I headed over. Did all the normal stuff checked voltages, traced circuits, found a loose nut on the solonid, checked fuses. Finally just started at the key switch and traced wires.

Then Beans reminded me that he had run over a rather large branch and it had jamed up under the deck so I started looking there and found that the plug that links all the safety switches was pulled out of it's socket. Plugged that back in with the help of Beans neighbor Jim who held the thing up on it's side so I could crawl under and re connected the cable and away it went. Problem solved time to sit back and chat a bit.

Well just like the TV commercials "BUT WAIT, THERE IS MORE!" His trimmer wouldn't work, it was sitting in the back on a table. Well, why not have a look, I was already there.

lets just say that Beans now knows that two year old gas even with stabilizer in it really stinks LOL. I did get it to start and run for him but I went and dumped the rest of the stale gas in the fire pit so that won't happen again (for a while anyway).

Anyway, turned out to be a wonderful and productive visit with an old friend and as always the company was second to none!

Keep smiling my friend!

Should have called me. I was bored out of my mind by 7am today.

But Marks Work Ware house has some good deals for fathers day.40-60% off shoes /boots and clothing.

:thumbsup_anim:

Kinda like fishing.

ya never know when .

luck goes your way....

Don.

Cliff...You are the greatest...many, many, thanks again for your help...don't know what I would do without you and I don't want to find out...

Nice of you to not mention that Jim helped hold the tractor up while you were underneath 'cause you were afraid I would have dropped it on you... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I was trying to remember back to when we first met and while I can't tell you the year, it was quite some time ago. If I remember correctly we started chatting here on OFC (Ontario Fishing Network back then) and our first fishing trip was ice fishing up at Airport Road in Orillia. We sure have had many wonderful adventures since then haven't we? I know there are quite a few pictures around of us fishing up at Jack lake, some over on Simco some right here on Sturgeon Lake (and a few that we won't tell anyone about RIGHT!!!!!!) Remember, you promissed!!!!

No matter what we are doing, it's always an enjoyable time!

Oh and Joey, you are so right, he is one of a kind (that might be a good thing LOL)

Edited by Big Cliff

Chainsaws...I'll find out later today if they are a disaster when I use my electric as I have a branch that damn near decapitated me when I was mowing the lawn out front...also got some stuff to cut in my back driveway so the wood guy can get his truck in the yard...

BTW Cliff...Our friend Johnie the wood guy is no longer in business since just before Christmas last year...Jim used to work with him when he and Vern worked out of Lindsay...

Hey Cliff...

It weren't wood...it were brush...and a few branches that Uncle Dave had trimmed and left the hard section attached...

Besides...I didn't want to tire you out...you already had had a long day...

Edited by Beans